99-04 Roush Body Kit w/Exhaust Sale/Trade

RGrossman

Established Member
Here is the situation. I was building a 99 Cobra, but purchased an 03 Cobra. I just painted and installed a Roush Stage 3 body kit on the car. I also have the spintech side exhaust kit with Roush tips. Wondering if there are any 99-04 Black cars that would like a Roush body kit. This is the Stage 3 front bumper with fogs, side skirts, side exhaust system, rear bumper covers and wing. If anyone wants to buy it outright let me know. I would also take a trade plus cash if I can get a 99,01 or 03/04 Black Cobra front bumper. I would also need to swap decklids with the car since the Roush wing has 2 extra holes drilled. Everything freshly painted and perfect. I will post some pics this evening of the car with the kit on.

Email [email protected]

ctothap

Established Member
i need the roush tips and front bumper, would you let those go? shoot me a pm with what you need for them!

RGrossman

Established Member
I was considering put it all on the Cobra but a few things are making it difficult for me. I would need an 01 Cobra black rear bumper and I dont know how the side exhaust would work with MM subframes. I would likely have to bend pipe under which makes very little ground clearance. Trust me, I paid alot of money for this kit + paint + side exhaust and would love to use it.

Here are some pics of the kit! Paint is perfect match.

r01.jpg

r02.jpg

r03.jpg

r04.jpg

r05.jpg

r06.jpg

r07.jpg

r08.jpg

r09.jpg

r10.jpg

r11.jpg

r12.jpg

r13.jpg

r14.jpg

r15.jpg

r16.jpg

r17.jpg

Last edited:

UrbanKnight

Hard Core Car Whore
Established Member
I am interested in ALL of it except the decklid.. I have a Black Mach and this is exactly what I planned on doing.. It would save me alot of headache.....

PM or email me a price on everything minus trunk!

FNsweetS3

Crazy Gun Bunny!!!
Established Member
Yeah... you will have to put a bend in the pipe.... I have the spin tech full frames and I never hit the exhaust. I scrape at the long tubes.

The other thing is that you don't NEED a cobra rear bumper.... just wait till you can get them. I have seen both the 2001 and 2003 bumper used

l_1aa0c8da46b1456294f2365a41657035.jpg

and then mine is in the sig.

You have a lot of work into it.... stick with it.

RGrossman

Established Member
I would love to make this work on the 03, trust me, but spintech subframes are designed for side exhaust (they step up like an inch where the exhaust crosses. I would have to go hacking up the MM full length subframes, or somehow get a realyl flat piece of ehaust pipe. I dunno. I'm suprised at the overwhelming response to this. Responding to everyone PM and emails now.

Guess there are alot fo black cars out there wanting a Roush kit :)

Yeah... you will have to put a bend in the pipe.... I have the spin tech full frames and I never hit the exhaust. I scrape at the long tubes.

The other thing is that you don't NEED a cobra rear bumper.... just wait till you can get them. I have seen both the 2001 and 2003 bumper used

l_1aa0c8da46b1456294f2365a41657035.jpg

and then mine is in the sig.

You have a lot of work into it.... stick with it.

FNsweetS3

Crazy Gun Bunny!!!
Established Member
One other suggestion is to leave your current exhaust and make them dump just behind the rear bumper. Then either fill the holes in the side exhaust or hang the side pipe with tip but just make it non functional.

I am probably going to do either the dump to the rear with a regular Cobra exhaust.... or something like what the vipers have (I am tired of buying tips)

img_076.jpg

RGrossman

Established Member
I wonder if there is any room under the car to use a regular muffler and bend around the back so it doesnt go under the subframe? I wonder if any Roush has done that.

RGrossman

Established Member
https://www.drgas.net/category.php?cid=25&catid=3

I wonder if an oval pipe like the link above would work? That looks like it would save at least an inch of spacer for under the subframe connector. Anyone have pics of Maximum Motorsports full length subs installed?

I also am not sure about the Roush rear spats on the 03/04 rear bumper, but I love the big COBRA in the 03/04 rear.

Last edited:

FNsweetS3

Crazy Gun Bunny!!!
Established Member
When I first got my car it had the Magna pacs on it... it was a regular muffler just angled side ways (custom bends) but it was sooooo loud. I had these from my stage 3 and figured I would toss them on till I do my big exhaust swap... dumping them out the rear and closing the side holes in the skirts.

I will look around for some of my pics... but all they did for mine was flaten the pipe a little...

e70f0b28.jpg

Here Jwhite changed the size of the pipe where he crossed the subframe.

e6fec3cc.jpg

4d9a8e17.jpg

df4edbd2.jpg

I use this for reference because I have the exact same setup

Nd4Speed83

Established Member
If you have any questions about the conversion feel free to call me. I used the Roush Stage 3 Sub Frame connectors on my 03 Cobra. That was my Mineral Grey 03 Cobra "ROUSH" conversion that FNsweetS3 posted up. I was happy with using that bumper because it was unique meaning no one else had tried it that I know of. And I loved having the giant Cobra letters. My number is 678-776-1595 (Seth). Call with Q's or whatever.

Users who are viewing this thread