99 Cobra Block

04BlkMach88

Established Member
I have a bare 99 Cobra block, am I going to need the timing cover as well or can everything be switched over from a 03-04 Cobra longblock?

VenemousStang

Established Member
You only need the timing cover if you are going to run the same setup as a cobra. So the supercharger etc. if not then you can use another cover.

2002 SN95 GT

Established Member
why the big font?

i think it means he is yelling!

anchorman-i-dont-know-what.gif

04BlkMach88

Established Member
You only need the timing cover if you are going to run the same setup as a cobra. So the supercharger etc. if not then you can use another cover.

Ok Thank you sir.
So If I just want to ditch the iron block and swap the parts off an 03 cobra that timing cover will be fine? Just being thorough, last thing my broke a$s needs are more problems.
What about with an 01 Cobra intake or if I save my pennies an Fr500 intake, I'd use the Mach 1 cover?
Appreciate the help Sir.

Last edited:

snakeraper11b

Established Member
What exactly are you taking off of an 03 cobra long block to put on your mach? I would imagine the blower as well? Sooo....why would you be asking about what intake manifold? Very confusing posts.

04BlkMach88

Established Member
What exactly are you taking off of an 03 cobra long block to put on your mach? I would imagine the blower as well? Sooo....why would you be asking about what intake manifold? Very confusing posts.

Ok lets say stage 1
03 cobra with 99 cobra block, I use the timing cover from the 03 set up to keep eaton and etc...
The 03 cover will bolt up to the 99 block no issue?

Stage 2
Should I ever choose to go turbo I would use the Mach 1 timing cover with a Mach 1, 01 Cobra, or FR500 manifold?
Thank you sir

01yellercobra

Established Member
Are you talking about putting the crank, rods, and pistons from the 03 motor into the Teksid block?

Users who are viewing this thread