99 Cobra blower upgrade procharger belt slippage

2001SilvrGT

Established Member
Need some input and advise I have a 99 cobra with a fully built motor im sending the head unit to procharger to have them rebuild it and upgrade it to the D1 and ill be cranking up the boost to around 10-13lbs any advise needed to prevent belt slippage?

Black*Death

Sleeping
Established Member
I have a 2.95 " pulley on a 6 rib P1SC. I got the Carbonite coating. Don't think I am having any slipping but does dirty engine bay. Also belts need to be replaced sooner....

D1SC_GT

Banned
You wont have any belt-slip problems for 10-13psi. That's probably a 3.5 or 3.75 pulley to hit those boost levels, no where near small enough to worry about slipping. Just make sure you get your belt/pullies laser-aligned.

I ran a 3.00 on a 6-rib 2V and slipped EVERYWHERE. Pullied up to a 3.25 and got no slip (16psi)

v8volvo

Face Smasher
Established Member
Shouldn't have any slippage issues at that boost level. Best way to avoid slippage on our setups is to go with an 8 rib upgrade. Best thing I have ever done. :rockon:

01yellercobra

Established Member
A decent tensioner and good alignment will work wonders. But if you're ever thinking of upping the boost I'd do an 8 rib swap while everything is apart and easy to get to. That was the best thing I did on my old set up. I didn't have any slip at 19psi with the F1A.

Users who are viewing this thread