99 cobra compression pressure! PLEASE HELP!!!!

BigEasy

Established Member
Im changing the plugs and packs on my cobra. I figured i might as well check the compression on each cylinder while i was doing it. What should the pressure be in the cylinders(what was the pressure in the cylinder right off the show floor)? Or does that not even matter aslong as there all within 10% of each other? Please help. Thanks

01yellercobra

Established Member
I always went with 25%. My current engine showed 185psi when it was healthy. I don't remember the stock numbers.

OW99

Established Member
Different gauges give different pressure readings. All it's going to tell you is if you got a bad cylinder. If they're all in the same ballpark it's fine.

BigEasy

Established Member
Thanks for the help! What brand Coil Packs should i go with? Any help would be great thanks!!

01yellercobra

Established Member
They don't have a good track record. I tried Accels and had idle and part throttle issues. My buddy tried them in his 03 with the same results. I'm also on an Expedition forum and a guy on there bought a set of Weapon X COPs. Now he has misfires. I know one was caused by coolant in the plug well, but he had other cylinders missing as well.

I'm running stock COPs with no issues. So I'll stick with stock.

BigEasy

Established Member
Ford racing packs stock or i need to find motor craft? no need to take a chance ill just stay stock!! Thanks for the advice.

01yellercobra

Established Member
More than likely FRPP stuff is Motorcraft parts with a different sticker. At least it was when I ordered my TOB.

OW99

Established Member
Borg Warner has them too. When I worked in a parts store they would make me take the coils out of the Borg Warner box because they were in a Motorcraft bag and we could charge 40 dollars more per coil under Motorcraft.

-Kujo-

Established Member
I had misfires when I got my Cobra. Friend of mine gave me a set of accels because he thought they were causing his miss.

Cured my problem. I have put quite a bit of miles on the accels with no issues.

If you can't afford stock, go accel.

01yellercobra

Established Member
Luck of the draw. I have a set of Accels in the garage because mine and my buddies car didn't like them. They only have about 500 miles on them.

Users who are viewing this thread