99 Cobra convertible

Elwood P Dowd

Established Member
I'm new on here and am pretty close to buying a 99 Cobra Convertible. I've been told that the 99 arent desirable because the rear bumper doesnt have cobra on it and the hood was later used on GT's and the spoiler is a GT spoiler. Also the whole lower horsepower issue. The one I'm looking at is going for $9,500 has 95,000 miles on it and is very clean. Bluebook is saying anywhere between $10,500 and $12k. Should I be scared in buying this car? I dont plan on racing it I just plan on your typical exhaust, cold air, some gears and maybe some suspension work. I figured you guys would be the folks to go to with this question.
Thanks in advance for any advise.
Will

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
They also dont have the nice suede seats. :) $9,500 seems alright, I would offer him $8,500 and see what he says. I picked my 01 with 74k for 10,000.

Elwood P Dowd

Established Member
They also dont have the nice suede seats. :) $9,500 seems alright, I would offer him $8,500 and see what he says. I picked my 01 with 74k for 10,000.
Thanks it may not have the nice suede seats but the leather seats that it does have are flawless.

BreBar21

Born in the G-Code
Established Member
Seats and bumpers are simple to change out. I wouldn't let things like that keep you from purchasing. I believe you can call Ford with and give them the VIN and they'll tell you if the fix has been done. I can't imagine there are any left that haven't had it done.

dpj99cobra

NC Mustanger
Established Member
I bought my '99 convertible in great all original condition a little over 2 years ago and paid $10,750 but it only had 46k on it. I would agree that an $8500 offer isn't out of line but $9K would probably be the top of where I'd go and then only if you could get good documentation of it's service/maintenance history. Just my $0.02.

Make sure you post some pics if you pick it up.

aka paco

Established Member
that's what i just paid for my 01 Black on black with 90,300 on the clock, it also had a few nice mods already, H&R springs, X pipe, 03 Cobra front bumper, AFS 18" wheels with 10.5 rear wheels and good 295's on the back, that and it being black on black i was willing to pay a tad more..

9500 for a 99 with around the same miles, i'd definetly be trying to get it for no more then 8500..

goodluck though, I'm pretty happy with my vert cobra

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Great idea from "BreBar21" to check with Ford on the recall. Any maintenance documentation for those 95K miles traveled? That's always a huge plus for me. Carfax or vehicle check of some kind clean? $9K seems ok if all is in order. It is nearing the end of the cruising season too… up here anyway, lol. Good luck with your search.

Users who are viewing this thread