99 cobra=e46 m3

redsvt99

Established Member
Since owning my 99 cobra for 5 years, I finally encountered an E46 M3.

Today, the 99 cobra got spoiled by getting a full detailed car wash. She looked so good, I was just cruising down the highway on my way to work and I was in my own little world with the windows down, no radio, just listening to the beautiful tune of the 4.6L DOHC. Outta nowhere this bimmer pulled up alongside me and gunned it. I couldn't back down so I sped up and caught up to him. We slowed down enough to clear the traffic ahead of us and we raced from a roll. Dont remember what speed we rolled from as it all happened so quick but I did have the cobra in the high rpms (something i pick up on this forums). 2 runs and we were dead even. :) he gave me the thumbs up and i went to work. The adrenaline from the race had me shaking all the way to work. I couldnt be happier with the race. I know this is not a kill but I'm sure a tune would have me walking on that M3. btw my performance mod is just 4.10 gears and CAI.

Black*Death

Sleeping
Established Member
Nice run....4v's love the higher RPM's for sure. I would suspect a fairly even

race..especially from a roll

redsvt99

Established Member
yeah, it was a good run. now i gotta start saving some money for some mods. by the way, does anyone know who you have more advantage off the line? cobra or m3?

Jake0521

Established Member
I raced my buddy in his m3 with my Mach 1(with just a cai then) from a dig and we were pretty close the whole time with me pulling slightly ahead at the end, but I had traction problems to start so had I grabbed better I think I would of beat him a little better. I would thing a stang would beat one from dig better from a dig then a roll.

Black*Death

Sleeping
Established Member
yeah, it was a good run. now i gotta start saving some money for some mods. by the way, does anyone know who you have more advantage off the line? cobra or m3?

not sure of the year on the M3 but likely has more power with similar weight to the Cobra.

99/01 Cobras in N/A form are not as fast down low as up top in my opinion

Either way I say likely a driver's race

Users who are viewing this thread