99 Cobra nitrous passes, new videos

Joe Lynch

Established Member
ProMotion finally got my face plated TKO-500 fixed perfectly and I was able to make some passes on Friday night. This is a 3550 lb 99 Cobra convertible with a forged motor and a 175 shot, live axle, etc. But it is still a street car, full interior, etc. I am still trying to re-learn how to shift the car. Next time I will be power shifting it.

Times weren't that bad for 88F, 4800 ft density altitude, 11.13, 11.07, 11.03, all at nearly 125 mph. Not bad for an itty bitty Ford convertible. The car should go 10.50 at 131 at sea level.

http://members.cox.net/joelynch11/061705.wmv
http://members.cox.net/joelynch11/061705run3incar.wmv

I'm going to like this transmission. This is fun.

Joe

elliot400

Certifiable SVT Poster
Established Member
Good Job! GLad to see you're still in it. I joined SVTP when your last vids were up a couple years ago. Your car still rocks! I love how she wanders a little bit down the track. Do you have any major susp mods? Again, good work! E-

Joe Lynch

Established Member
This is a street car but I have a lot of suspension mods. AJE crossmember but no coilovers, Tokico Drag struts, V6 springs, HPM uppers and lowers, subframe connectors, 6 point roll bar, air bags, anti-roll bar, QA1 shocks, on and on...
Joe

Joe Lynch

Established Member
GhostZ said:
Good runs....careful when powershifting with nitrous, it's easy to miss a shift and hit redline when spraying.

Yep, point taken. That's why the window switch is at 8000 and the rev limiter at 8200. The valve gear will go way, way past that, the power curve falls off, however. The engine has seen well past that a few times. This trans will go into gear now, believe me.

The wiggle starts out with a little too much preload on the right side, plus me moving the wheel during the shifts. The car sticks well. I should be able to learn to hold it straight as I learn not to manhandle the stick quite as hard as I had to before with the T-45 and the synchroed TKO-500.

By the way, I ran 10.77 with T-45 in this car. I never broke one. Not even an input shaft with 26" tires. Didn't try the 28" with the T-45. I just needed a scattershield, so bye bye T-45.

Users who are viewing this thread