99 Cobra T45 Clutch/TOB 'metallic tap'- Help???

Goldy

Established Member
Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

The clutch/TOB in my '99 Cobra makes a metallic tapping/clanking noise when the clutch pedal is in its normal engaged position (not depressed). Slightly depress the clutch pedal, and the noise goes away, but returns when the clutch is again engaged.

This car has never been abused, and is a true garage queen; rarely driven, and in hibernation during the winter. I noticed the problem when I started after sitting a while.

Any thoughts as to what the problem can be??? Thx in advance.

Howard

AzianStang

Third Eye Slanted
Established Member
I also had the same problem when I got my new clutch and TOB installed. I heard that it could either be your TOB saying goodbye or the TOB is lightly tapping the pressure plate.

In my case, it was the latter. A member on here suggested I buy a clutch cable adjuster/firewall adjuster to remove the slack out of the clutch pedal which would eliminate the TOB tapping against the pressure plate. I bought Steeda's and it did the trick. You can also buy a new quadrant to go with your adjuster, I bought both Steeda products.

Redhot91gt

Established Member
This is a very common problem with these cars it seems. Mine makes a squeeking noise in the same position. Lots of people either do what azianstang did, or replace the TOB. Ive also heard of people greasing their TOB, but I personally dont want to try that.

Users who are viewing this thread