99 cobra with 04 cobra engine worth?

RubberDuck

You even lift?
Established Member
Im pretty set on the car, just thought id ask if you guys think this is a fair price. Ive offered him 12.5 which he accepted, and Ill hopefully be picking up a check from the bank on thursday. If you follow the ford mustang classified page on facebook you probably seen this car.

Like the title says, its a 99 cobra with a mildly built 04 cobra engine. By mildly built I mean its putting down 494rwhp and 510 torque with the stock eaton, mild for those engines right? Haha

The bad:The car does need some minor work. The seller has been IMO very honest about the car.
-Oil pan has a small leak
-Has a V6 mustang bumper with no exhaust cutouts
-Front seats pretty worn, rest of interior in great shape
-Saleen spoiler I personally think looks ricey, yeah I said it
-Cowl hood, im kind of neutral on it, dont hate it or love it
-Still has the stock brakes
-Still has the T45 transmission that will obviously need to be swapped

The good: Alot of work done to the engine, suspension, and a SRA upgrade(my opinion)
-95k on the body
-12k on rebuilt engine
-Ported Eaton / plenum
-Full aeromotive fuel system (return style) w/A1000 pump
-60lb injectors
-Magnaflow mufflers
-Full Length Welded Subframe Connectors
-BBK O/R Xpipe
-Solid Rear Axle Swap From 97 GT(3.73 Gears)
-JLT Cold Air Ram Intake
-Diablo MAFia
-Diablo Sport Chip
-Smoked Head Lights
-Avital 3100 Alarm System
-UPR Caster/Camper Plates
-Saleen Replica Rims
-265/35/18 Front
-295/35/18 Back
-Eibach Lowering Springs
-2.76 Pulley
-03/04 Cobra Fuel Tank
-APR Hardware
-Heavy Duty Ram Clutch 900
-New AC Lines
-New AC Evaporator
-New AC Condensor
-New Intercooler Pump
-Valve Job
-Resurfaced Heads
-Felpro Gasket Set

Heres the pictures I have. He sent dyno charts of the dyno tune it got along with all the reciepts for the engine parts. Thanks for any input.

10408574_907551182591120_3144428779871884698_n_zpsfcf1871a.jpg

1454973_907551125924459_5549770732116763000_n_zpseaf2dabe.jpg

10612558_907551329257772_5156960956508652309_n_zps94690280.jpg

RubberDuck

You even lift?
Established Member
Seen that car on Facebook a bunch. IMHO, too much money when you can buy an 03 for not much more.

Im having a hell of a time finding a decent terminator for under 20k. There was an 03 redfire coupe posted on the same classified section for 15k i was looking at. Engine was rebuilt due to a cracked cylinder, he wouldnt answer if he just had the block repaired or got a different block so I passed on that thinking he was hiding something.

TERMINATED97

Established Member
I don't think the price is bad. I mean to get a nice terminator you're looking at spending at least 5k more. My old '97 with an '03 swap still had the t45 too and luckily I never had a problem with it. That car also made 503hp/507tq.

RubberDuck

You even lift?
Established Member
I don't think the price is bad. I mean to get a nice terminator you're looking at spending at least 5k more. My old '97 with an '03 swap still had the t45 too and luckily I never had a problem with it. That car also made 503hp/507tq.

Yeah I think I'm going to go ahead and get it. If I could find a decent terminator for 15k I would be all over that. But really it all comes down to wanting the engine, I don't care if its a real terminator or a GT. Only risky part in my eyes is the T45, but I got money set aside for an upgrade.

soccerman002

99 SVT Cobra
Established Member
The hood, rear bumper, and wing are relatively straightforward fixes to get the look you want.

If everything mechanically checks out, I think the price is reasonable.

RubberDuck

You even lift?
Established Member
The hood, rear bumper, and wing are relatively straightforward fixes to get the look you want.

If everything mechanically checks out, I think the price is reasonable.

Yeah, I was thinking I would pick up an 01 cobra rear bumper, its about half the price as a terminator bumper. Probably leave the hood for now, but definitely delete the spoiler, not sure how I will go about repairing the 4 holes in the trunk from the spoiler. Maybe just find a different trunk lid and get it painted when the get the bumper done.

soccerman002

99 SVT Cobra
Established Member
I picked up a junkyard trunk lid with 4 holes in it a few years back. I paid my preferred body shop I believe $500 to fill in the holes and respray the trunk lid inside and out. If the sunlight hits correctly you can faintly see where the holes were, but it doesn't bother me. Other option is to find a trunk lid off a Bullitt, or other Mustang that had a spoiler delete option from the factory.

Black*Death

Sleeping
Established Member
Stock brakes are good on a 99? Unless you mean they are 15+ years old...aka original pads and rotors?

RubberDuck

You even lift?
Established Member
Stock brakes are good on a 99? Unless you mean they are 15+ years old...aka original pads and rotors?

Oh no, not original pads and rotors, just meant it has the stock brake system the car came with. Im sure they arent bad brakes, but figured I might want to upgrade them especially since I will be adding a whipple or kenne bell blower in the future.

RubberDuck

You even lift?
Established Member
I picked up a junkyard trunk lid with 4 holes in it a few years back. I paid my preferred body shop I believe $500 to fill in the holes and respray the trunk lid inside and out. If the sunlight hits correctly you can faintly see where the holes were, but it doesn't bother me. Other option is to find a trunk lid off a Bullitt, or other Mustang that had a spoiler delete option from the factory.

Thanks for the input, I definitely am thinking of getting ride of the spoiler all together. I figured when I got a new rear bumper for it I would have them redo the trunk while they are painting the bumper.

notchstang92

Spoolin'
Established Member
99 cobras and 04 cobras have the same brake setup, 13" front and 11.65 rear. I don't like the wing either. The hood may be necessary for blower clearance. You may need that hood for a KB or whipple. Not sure if they sit higher than an eaton. I don't think the price is terrible. If he has the original wing and hood thats a plus too.

Users who are viewing this thread