99 GT mods????

tmotorsports

Established Member
Just got a 1999 mustang GT anniversary edition.this is my 1st mod motor i have had many many 5.0 cars.Its an automatic car and stock.getting ready to do a few mods.already ordered exhaust and cold air kit.what gears should i run in rear?any other mods you suggest?want to get it in high 13's and just have some fun with it while im working on my 91 GT to get it back out.

GTermi

Established Member
Just got a 1999 mustang GT anniversary edition.this is my 1st mod motor i have had many many 5.0 cars.Its an automatic car and stock.getting ready to do a few mods.already ordered exhaust and cold air kit.what gears should i run in rear?any other mods you suggest?want to get it in high 13's and just have some fun with it while im working on my 91 GT to get it back out.

Gears! or u can spray a small shot. id get 4.10s if i were u, but thats just my opinion

skaterboy79

Established Member
4.10s are good with an auto and 3.73 with a manny. a tune and some good tires will get you well into the high 13s

JerseyTrueBlue

Established Member
4.10 is definatly the best gear you could run for an auto. What kind of exhaust did you buy? Catback? Midpipe? You might see high 13's with a cold air, midpipe/catback, and 4.10's if you have good tires, what rubbers on that thing? If that's not enough oomph get yourself a tuner like the diablosport or sct or step up the throttle body/plenum size.

chris1badL

Established Member
I ran a 4.30 gear in my 2v. If I ever get another 2v that would be the gear. I dont know about a auto though, this was a 5 speed. 2v's need as much help as they can get. I got beat by a 300 with a hemi that had 4 guys in it. I do miss it though. Fun car

Users who are viewing this thread