99 gtp vs 98 gt mustang and cobra!

1stCobra

"Get Furious"
Established Member
Hey guys what are the chances that a 99 gtp would be able to take both the gt and cobra if there stock?

RubberDown

the MAD hatter
Established Member
is it a stock gtp? Stock for stock it isnt an issue with the cobra, although I dunno about the GT. There are some cool GTPs out there making good power with mods.

KduncSS

Ille qui nos omnes servab
Established Member
All cars being stock the GTP would lose against both of them. A pulley swap full exhaust and tuned 2 door GTP can haul ass though. My boss used to have one and damn was it fun breaking the front tires loose when nailing it.

bsmith782

RANDY WATSON!
Established Member
There was a guy with a full weight 06-07 GTP that had sunk at least 10k into it and it ran 13.3.

Weak!

1stCobra

"Get Furious"
Established Member
I only ask because I use to own a 98 Grand Prix gtx and that thing ran hard... I'm looking at getting a gtp for the gas and to save for a 03-04 Cobra or maybe a modded mystic Cobra later on... Don't seem like much of any good going with a gtp.. Going from my cobra to this is weak... :(

epracmetcon

Established Member
Depends, I have a few friends with gtp's. If the gtps are not stock it could give em all a run. I had one friend with a pullied 99gtp on a small shot that went mid 12's all day long on a street tire.

NOTASTOCKDOHC

Established Member
I had a buddy with a modded gtp, with all the bolt ons one could have, and my cobra n/a put it to him time after time. He never won a race. Out of the three cars listed stock for stock the cobra takes it all. Mod for mod the cobra takes it. The cobra just has a better engine to work with from the start. And more hp from the start.

tomustang

Returning Video Tapes
Established Member
Lets get something straight for the people that don't know, the GTP has a 240hp supercharged V6, so it'll keep up and maybe pull a 98 GT. Asking if it can take a cobra is a joke

F8tlByte

colorchngnSVT
Established Member
My buddy has a stock (besides intake) GTP and it went 14.6 at 93, I rip him pretty hard and my brothers full bolt on GT does as well..... a stock 98GT may have a prob though

NOTASTOCKDOHC

Established Member
My buddy has a stock (besides intake) GTP and it went 14.6 at 93, I rip him pretty hard and my brothers full bolt on GT does as well..... a stock 98GT may have a prob though

I agree a non pi gt 96-98 would probably get rolled, but a 96-98 cobra almost had 90hp on the non pi 96-98 gt if not 100 more hp I think the numbers are wrong half the non pi mustang gt dont even make 200hp fly on motor but the cobras are consistant 300+ at fly. the gtp s/c are ok they run with the non pi mustangs and might and i say might run with a pi gt. But a gtp beating a 96-98 cobra is a joke and would happen 1 out of 100 times. I mean I am suer there are bad gtp out there but there are also many bad a$& cobras out there too. 4.6 4-v for the win.

MKSVT

Dosen't Wheel Hop
Established Member
My girlfriend has a 99 Gtp, i added a smaller pulley an intake and i rip on bolt on 5.0's all the time..

Users who are viewing this thread