99 lash adjuster same as 01?

3B99SVT

Top down makes me smile
Established Member
My motor started ticking a short while ago. First noticed it when at a drive through -- great sound reflector. It's loudest when I listen from the passenger side below the motor so I thought it may be the start of a rod knock. When I listened to it w/my stethoscope I could hear it the loudest when I touched the rear cam cover bolt. So I'm thinking it's a lash adjuster.

When I looked up the part on Tousley's website it doesn't list the 99 lash adjuster part number but does list the 01 last adjuster as part number F6DZ-6C501-A. Does anyone know for sure if the 99 and 01 lash adjusters are the same? Some of the eBay items say they're different and others say they're the same.

3B99SVT

Top down makes me smile
Established Member
Thanks slo. Any thoughts on just changing the passenger side lash adjusters? I know I should replace them all at one time but I've heard that the driver's side cam cover is a big pain.

Also, I've read that the A/C line(s) need to be moved. Can someone verify if it moving means breaking the line or just loosening mountings and sliding it/them over?

01yellercobra

Established Member
If the noise is only coming from the passenger side then I'd only worry about that side.

To get around the A/C line I removed the nut for the motor mount and tilted the engine. I also had to disconnect the heater lines at the firewall.

3B99SVT

Top down makes me smile
Established Member
Bummer. I hate working around the heater hoses at the firewall. Not enough room! Thanks for the info!

01yellercobra

Established Member
I just popped them off. I didn't have enough room to get the valve cover off with them in place.

Last edited:

devin_svt

Established Member
ac lines and heater lines do not need to come off. just gotta pull it out at the right angle. ive heard that there is a way to pull off the drivers side without touching the booster, by removing the fuel rails. anyone know if this is true?

Users who are viewing this thread