99 Lightning Brembo 6 Piston caliper (pads)

00lightningsvt

Established Member
I have a 99 lightning that i recently purchased. It has a 6 piston Brembo big brake kit in the front. I have searched and searched and haven't been able to find anything about brake pads. Where can i get replacement pads for these. Are they stock size pads? Or is there a universal pad from Brembo? The most things i find are for the 4 piston and 8 piston kits. I need pads soon, and would like to know if anyone can direct me to what pads, or where to get them. :shrug:
Thank you!

02SILVERBULLET

horsepower addict
Established Member
might have to call brembo, are you sure they are 6 piston brembo's?
iirc early brembo kits in the 14" rotor kit used a ferrari f50 caliper and pads. i do not know how many pistons the calipers had.

SVT Phillip

BAD-MPG
Established Member
Good luck with calling brembo.. My buddy has the Brembo kit on his truck and he called them to get replacement parts. Pads and parts to rebuild the caliper and they must have the worst service cause they pretty much won't help him with crap..

But I'd say getting parts you will have to go thru Brembo..

Hope you have better luck if you do!

00lightningsvt

Established Member
This is what the previous owner told me the kit was when he put it on. I might double check and take the caliper off, but even if they are 8 pistons, i still have had a time finding pads. But ill check on the ferrari f50 pads and see what i can find. Thanks for the reply! I appreciate it.
might have to call brembo, are you sure they are 6 piston brembo's?
iirc early brembo kits in the 14" rotor kit used a ferrari f50 caliper and pads. i do not know how many pistons the calipers had.

00lightningsvt

Established Member
Thanks, ive tried to call, and find different numbers but yet nothing. I'll keep looking i guess. Thanks for the info!
Good luck with calling brembo.. My buddy has the Brembo kit on his truck and he called them to get replacement parts. Pads and parts to rebuild the caliper and they must have the worst service cause they pretty much won't help him with crap..

But I'd say getting parts you will have to go thru Brembo..

Hope you have better luck if you do!

02SILVERBULLET

horsepower addict
Established Member
post photos of the caliper, and pads. I am willing to bet i can find a pad that will work and last resort there is likely a willwood caliper that may be possible to swap in to the brembo ones place that uses a cheap and locatable pad.

00lightningsvt

Established Member
I did some searching, and pulled my wheel off today because i wanted to know for sure, and their 4 piston calipers. Should have looked first. Thanks for the info, i appreciate the help everyone

Users who are viewing this thread