99 Problems...

SC Heaven

Red Whine
Established Member
But my tips aint one. ;-)

Loved the tone and the volume I was getting out of my exhaust setup (JBA O/R H-pipe, Magnaflows), but the stock Cobra tips are just way too small and really let down the look of the car. I didn't want to spend $500 on a good cat-back and risk changing the tone or making it too loud. I found some good (older) tip picture threads but a lot of the links were dead or the parts were no longer for sale. I had decided I wanted a rolled tip AND a slash cut which proved to be a little tricky to find. Ended up finding these http://www.summitracing.com/parts/jex-j244012rac/overview/ on Summit and took a shot. Figured for $40 if they weren't what I wanted, I wasn't exactly out a lot of money. Tips are 2.5in in and 4.0in out. and they do have to be welded in. Cost me a whopping $80 at a local exhaust shop. The look is EXACTLY what I wanted and it even got rid of the odd rasp the stock tips were causing. I think it had something to do with the double walled design of the stockers. All in all, very happy boy for a relatively cheap mod / upgrade. I know the pics suck but I was trying to get the before and after from the same angle. Would be happy to get more pictures if anyone is interested. Enough rambling.. PICS! :-D

Before:

IMG_20140419_093808171_HDR.jpg

After:

IMG_20140419_104327795.jpg

Comments, critique, feedback welcomed. :)

05slvrgt

Real bits of panther.
Established Member
Much better.

As far as I'm concerned, rolled and slash cut tips should be the only available option.

Users who are viewing this thread