99 Prochared Cobra Vs 370Z(stock) and 2012 EVO (minor Bolt ons)

joe12289

Established Member
First Cobra Vs 370Z

Okay back for another kill Story... Now a little back story... My Coworker Had a 370Z and he asked if I wanted to race. Of course I'm always up for a race. Lose or win, To me doesn't matter. Just roar of the Engine and the aderaline pumping throughout the Veins is what gets me. Well any way. So of course we need a camera guy and for some reason its always my car that the cameraman seat in. I'm usually pretty confident of my driving to make up for the added weight. Though I did under estimate how much weight plays a factor on vehicles with less HP. I had My 2013 Coyote with The Roush phase 1 S/C. So I didn't care who sat in the car with me. Very few things had the Juice to keep up and let alone beat me.... So now I had just Bought me a 99 Procharged Cobra. This Thing has a stage 3 Clutch and i've only had it for like 2-3wks. Call me a cry baby but going from a smooth hydralic factory clutch to a Mechincal stage 3 is a HUGE jump. So my camera guy... and I don't exagerate on this was a 300IB guy and I should probably lay off the burgers as well LOL;-). So he jumps in my car and we head out on to the feader road of the Freeway.(In Mexico of course) First pull..... From a 10 bc the Z Driver doesn't want to do diggs. We Punch it. Even with all the Weight in my car The Cobra Snarls and Her back side starts sliding out and The Z Take a early Lead. I shift to Second around 5.5K to try to regrain trac. which helped but out of the Power band for The Cobra. By the time I hit the power band and start to real him in I had to hit 3rd gear. Jeez I have to fight This Beast into every Gear. So it took me a awhole 1-2 Second to get the Cobra into 3rd. We all know 1-2 second in a race is a lifetime. By the time i was ready to hit 4th he Shut down. He must of had at least 3 cars on me. Ouch... He was all smiley.. So we go again. this time We go from a 20. I learned from my mistake. On the 3 honk He Guns it as I roll into The accerolater. This time He didn't get his massive lead. I spinned a Little in 1st as I got a little anixous as I saw his Rear Fender. Slammed into Second (As fast as this Monster would Let me) and we are neck and neck. Slammed into 3rd and I start to walk him slowly. and we shut down. I had maybe a 3/4 of a car on him. SO this Time I choose the Battle Field. Knowing that I had more power. I Said a 60. Naively he agreed. So we get up to speed. ON the 3rd honk we go!! I immediately start walking him. by the time I shut down I had about 7 cars on him.. ... when the worsted Happened! A loud Bang! and Check engine light fblinking and a knocking. First instincts tells me to turn off car. So while going about 130mpg i turn it off. We coast to the nearest exit. I'm thinking Blowin engine... F*(*!! So im like well let find out. So as we coast down to 50 i crank the car back to LIFE!! no knock car Idling fine..? Oil pressure.. Check.. Temp.. Check But I could hear the procharger a whole lot more. I was like what the fudge? pull off to the side . I walk to the front of the car. I pop the Hood and see.. Nothing wrong.. Just very loud supercharger... So I back up a bit and I see the problem... The Coupler hose that connects the Intercooler to the supercharger side came off. I was like THANK YOU GOD!! lol Long story short Cobra fixed.

Second
Cobra Vs EVO

So after he blows his victory out of porportion and tells all of our coworkers on how he Beat me... which technically he did once... out of the three.... He feels confident my cars is slow... He just trade in his Z for a 2012 Evo with bolt Ons( Intake and Cat back Exhaust) He thinks his EVO is faster than his Z. SO he challenges me again. I'm like okay. This time I get him to get a camera guy in his car... So he Get the smallest person alive. lol Like 5'3" 50ib. So again From a 20 Roll.. Start Walking him even though he jump the Line early. Slammed it into Third and pull hard. Shut down top of third with about 3 cars on him.
From a 60 Roll I walk him immediatly. PUt about 6-7 Cars on him. We roll back to our work. The out pour of BS starts
lurk.gif

NOw he starts coming up with every excuss in the book.... I didn't hear anything when I lost that ONEtime With my HEATHLY cameraman..

I'll try to post links of the Vids in a bit

MattGT06

Established Member
Good Kills man! Sounds like my friend with a Turbo Honda Hatchback, I ran him from a dig and by 120 he gets a half a car on me when I was stock and was talking all kind of shit before our run saying I was going to need a 100 shot to beat him but after the run he was making up kind of excuses. Now that I have some mods He wont run me because his tranny is "messed up".

4a7191a

Established Member
Good kills :)
Tell the evo owner to do a good bit of reading on evo related forums next time. Intake /cat back only evos are rather slow.

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
I hade a coupler pop off while running a Subaru. My heart froze, car started herkin and jerkin. I pulled over on the side of the road, popped the hood saw the coupler, put it back on and away I went. Thank God.

4a7191a

Established Member
I had the same happen to me in my old gst and they won't run hardly at all with a blown off intercooler pipe. Lol

joe12289

Established Member
I hade a coupler pop off while running a Subaru. My heart froze, car started herkin and jerkin. I pulled over on the side of the road, popped the hood saw the coupler, put it back on and away I went. Thank God.

Lol I know the Exact Feeling... JEEEZ I was LIKE FFFFF(*&(*&(*&(*%$ :eek:

IF you want the 370z video near the end. the last pull if you watch my RPM you'll see when i killed the engine.

joe12289

Established Member
Are you sure that 370Z isn't modded? It seems like he kept up very well with a pro-charged Cobra if stock.

I am Sure that the Z is not modded. All I can say is Me Weighing in at 240 ( on an empty stomach lol) and My copilot/camera man weighing in at 300+ Vs The z Driver weighing in at 140-160. Thats all i'm saying. But don't worry Gents. Its not over yet. we still have his 370z on the lot. Im going to run him again without a 300ib+ camera man in my car. we'll see how he does then. muahahhahahahahahahahahahahahah :coolman:

NEp8ntballer

Established Member
what tires are you running? Also, that looks like a lot of traffic to be racing through...

as far as the vids, less actual music and more car soundtrack please.

Users who are viewing this thread