99 terminated cobra vs Unknown BMW

RubberDuck

You even lift?
Established Member
I was going to wait to post this until I found out what kind of BMW I ran but what the hell....

The only things I know for sure is that it was a 2 door coupe, auto, and definitely a V8 to my surprise. It didnt have any badges on it so thats all I got.

Anyways I just left a local car meet and was driving down the highway when I see some HID headlights coming fast in the rearview mirror. My first thought, "great another ricer". He shoots up next to me and slams his brakes on, its an orange BMW with no badges on it. I dont think much of the BMW until he does a quick pull next to me, to my surprise it has a very healthy sounding V8. I dont know much about BMWs other than the owners are usually dooshbags, my only guess was an M3 or M5....?

He continues next to me down a local highway for a few miles, but we dont get a chance to go ...mostly because this highway is littered with cops every night. Im kind of losing interest at this point as I go to merge on the highway that takes me home. He shoots across both lanes riding my ass down the ramp. We come out on an open highway with nothing in front of us but road. Itry a couple times to get him to slow down to at least a 30-40 roll(was thinking my 3.73s would like those speeds better), but he doesnt seem too interested. Screw it, I speed back up to about 60 right next to him and downshift into 3rd gear. He honks it off and we both hit it...

I shockingly look over and see that I am gaining no ground on him whatsoever, I shift into 4th around 90 or so and my car noses out front just a tad. We shut her down around 110. We do another pull from 60 and and nothing changes as we both pull to around 120-125 this time. I was pretty impressedwith this BMW, I didnt expect him to stand a chance let alone run dead even with me. Maybe I think my car is faster than it is or I underestimate BMWs. Super fun runs though.

bokyo1987

Established Member
Good runs! Probably an e92 M3 with a vortech, they're good for somewhere around 500 whp with the base vf540 kit.

Went up against one trapping +125mph that almost ran me down the back half. Not sure what else he had though.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread