'99 Viper GTS Paint Correction - Mirror Detailing -

TransAxle

Shine Auto Salon
Established Member
GEEEBUUUZZZ
Nice job! Come do my Shelby!!

Thanks, as for your shelby...cover my gas and board and sure, I will make it that way. :rolling:

Very impressive work!

Thanks.

Gorgeous work man, sick viper too

Thanks.

Thanks x3....kind of ironic placement lol.

wow impressive! Very impressive!!! Glass!

Thanks.

If only more people knew how much skill that takes. Incredible work man :rockon:

Yeah...the viper was a complete Nightmare...but turned around real well.

Very nice correction.

I wonder if the damage on the roof came from someone dragging a briefcase across it.

I hope the new owner lets you take care of it from now on.

Might have been...previous owner was a doctor.

WOW. Talk about saving a car. Previous owner should be :bash:

Thanks and I agree lol.

Nice work man how you liking your m101 I've got my hands on some and love it with the 300 mixture what mixture did you use it?
I've been using two parts 300 to one part m101

Way over hyped. Joey my guy working with me manage to get a bottle of it and too be honest...just over hyped. It cuts slightly faster than M105...but not enough to try and locate some and pay the premium the people that have gotten it in are asking.

And yes, I normally when using the MF Pads, mix 300/105 together.

Great turnaround Trans!

Thanks John.

OMFG!!!!

thats skill....

good job

lol Thanks.

sweet-jesus-thats-good-thumb.jpg

lol Thanks Thomas.

TransAxle,

Amazing work man & the car looks TITS now...

Thanks Kevin.

Not a huge fan of Vipers but this car looks amazing. Black looks damn sexy on it, GREAT job as always man

THis would be one of my dream cars...in any other color then black.

Thanks again for the work Mike, you did an incredible job. And yes, the previous owner was a ****ing retard

No problem Michael. Glad you were happy with the car after everything was found out about it. :nonono:

Nice work.

Thanks Danny.

What kind of rags are you using to remove your waxs? or are you using a buffer and pad to apply your wax? I ask b/c I have some microfibers that are very soft, wouldn't think they'd be abrasive at all but when I finish a car, they always scratch the finish, ruining what I just did.

For just wax, the DI White Plush Towels. For the sealant, it was applied with the Griots and a LC Red Pad.

Too answer your question about your scratches...they are from the towels. Did you buy them at any OTC retailer, like Wal-Mart, Sams Club, Costcos, Autozone, Advance, etc?

Nice job mike, that red gmc in the back isn't that mike that moved to alaska old truck???

Thanks David and yes that is Cheyenne old truck. Even after detailing almost 3 years ago, it still is in pretty decent shape lol.

That looks so good.

What is the average price for a job like this, if I may ask?

A normal job as this one was custom could range anywhere from $400-$1200 depending on the level of correction and any other work.

david068513

Established Member
Thanks, as for your shelby...cover my gas and board and sure, I will make it that way. :rolling:

Thanks.

Thanks.

Thanks x3....kind of ironic placement lol.

Thanks.

Yeah...the viper was a complete Nightmare...but turned around real well.

Might have been...previous owner was a doctor.

Thanks and I agree lol.

Way over hyped. Joey my guy working with me manage to get a bottle of it and too be honest...just over hyped. It cuts slightly faster than M105...but not enough to try and locate some and pay the premium the people that have gotten it in are asking.

And yes, I normally when using the MF Pads, mix 300/105 together.

Thanks John.

lol Thanks.

lol Thanks Thomas.

Thanks Kevin.

THis would be one of my dream cars...in any other color then black.

No problem Michael. Glad you were happy with the car after everything was found out about it. :nonono:

Thanks Danny.

For just wax, the DI White Plush Towels. For the sealant, it was applied with the Griots and a LC Red Pad.

Too answer your question about your scratches...they are from the towels. Did you buy them at any OTC retailer, like Wal-Mart, Sams Club, Costcos, Autozone, Advance, etc?

Thanks David and yes that is Cheyenne old truck. Even after detailing almost 3 years ago, it still is in pretty decent shape lol.

A normal job as this one was custom could range anywhere from $400-$1200 depending on the level of correction and any other work.

Damn, whats going on with that truck? I almost bought it intead my seirra but i couldnt drive it for a few weeks and get ua daily cause it had a wiring issue. Wish I bought it.

Go Down South

Established Member
Yea, they were from autozone. That was probably my first mistake. I take it you'd recommend the DI white plush towels? Thats the one thing I really haven't been able to find a winner with yet.

encasedmetal

WHINO!
Established Member
Yea, they were from autozone. That was probably my first mistake. I take it you'd recommend the DI white plush towels? Thats the one thing I really haven't been able to find a winner with yet.

if you can find some of the Dragon fibre towels- buy all you can as they're rare now. my 2nd choice are the zaino borderless towels.

TransAxle

Shine Auto Salon
Established Member

Yeah...those towels are crap. More cotton than microfiber. I have gone through a lot of towel people...So far my list of companies from best too worse are...

Cobra - Uber - Chemical Guys - Detailed Image

The DI white plush towels are my favorite so far for removing final polishes and waxes/sealants.

What grit disc did you use for the wet sand? Can you describe the wet sanding process?

For the amount of wet sanding I did, I used a much easier process than listed before...

3" Unigrit 3000 Grit Spot Sanding Disc
3" Meguiars DA Backing Plate
Griots DA

Did a damp sand at between 4-5 Speed doing a front to back, left to right pattern. To make sure the sand area is even. Did roughly two total section passes, checked my area and made sure I was happy with the outcome. Any wet sanding always takes practice and the more you do it the more you will personally understand the process and get more comfortable with it.

Mike is a great person to learn from, but your link is more for hand sanding. It takes a lot more skill to hand sand then to sand via a machine or air.

if you can find some of the Dragon fibre towels- buy all you can as they're rare now. my 2nd choice are the zaino borderless towels.

Name brand towels will always end up being more expensive, but each person has there own type of favorite towel. No matter what recommendations you get people will go through many different brands till they find the ones they like.

encasedmetal

WHINO!
Established Member
[/QUOTE]
Name brand towels will always end up being more expensive, but each person has there own type of favorite towel. No matter what recommendations you get people will go through many different brands till they find the ones they like.[/QUOTE]

this is very true, to each their own with detailing for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread