991.2 GT3 PDK Independent Ring Time 7.18.20

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
With the new ZL1 lap time up I took a look to see if the GT3 had a video from independent SportAuto, they did. They ran 6 secs slower than the Porsche factory time(side note, they ran 6 sec slower on their GT2RS as well), however the time is still screaming on this track. Enjoy

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Pretty good, pretty good! Not ZL1 1LE good but still damn good. :D

Looks like incredible fun. If only I had deep pockets.

fangstang

Established Member
ON D... lol

My man be on that Hatorade!

Hate on my brutha, hate on!

LOL. Like always. The resident skeptic and hater. Anything GM does or claims is never good enough. Even if you add 10 seconds to that ZL1 1LE time, it would still embarrass the GT350R. Get over it.

jsd512

Wannabe Ghostbuster
Established Member
The 2010 ACR is the only car on the list, to be independently tested at the 'Ring, that literally came off the showroom floor (Tomball in TX). I would like to see more of that. Take a car off the lot and see how well it does.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
The 2010 ACR is the only car on the list, to be independently tested at the 'Ring, that literally came off the showroom floor (Tomball in TX). I would like to see more of that. Take a car off the lot and see how well it does.
I was under the impression that all of the sportauto test were dealer purchased cars tested by professional drivers. Is this wrong?

Looking at the 10 ACR test, it was still run by Chrysler so it's not independent. It is good to know that it came straight off the dealer floor.

Sport Auto tested cars(under 7:40):
AMG GT R
991.2 GT3
Gumpert Apollo
GT2RS
Aventador 13
MP4-12C
Huracan
991 GT3RS
R8 v10 15
Porsche GT
K CCR
GTR 11
LFA
991 Turbo S
ZR1 09
GTR 09
Gallardo 570-4 SL 11
458 10
Scuderia 08

jsd512

Wannabe Ghostbuster
Established Member
I was under the impression that all of the sportauto test were dealer purchased cars tested by professional drivers. Is this wrong?

Looking at the 10 ACR test, it was still run by Chrysler so it's not independent. It is good to know that it came straight off the dealer floor.

Sport Auto tested cars(under 7:40):
AMG GT R
991.2 GT3
Gumpert Apollo
GT2RS
Aventador 13
MP4-12C
Huracan
991 GT3RS
R8 v10 15
Porsche GT
K CCR
GTR 11
LFA
991 Turbo S
ZR1 09
GTR 09
Gallardo 570-4 SL 11
458 10
Scuderia 08

The car was not provided by the factory and if I remember, Chrysler did not send the head engineers to the 'Ring. Gilles wasn't there. Dick Winkles was not there. Erich Heuschele wasn't there. Chrysler was in a supporting role. The VCA/Tomball/Viper Exchange lead the way by hiring Farnbacher and Keating. FCA did not conduct the test. They simply supported the test. To me, that is independent.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
The car was not provided by the factory and if I remember, Chrysler did not send the head engineers to the 'Ring. Gilles wasn't there. Dick Winkles was not there. Erich Heuschele wasn't there. Chrysler was in a supporting role. The VCA/Tomball/Viper Exchange lead the way by hiring Farnbacher and Keating. FCA did not conduct the test. They simply supported the test. To me, that is independent.

Great info. The ring time has it listed as an SRT conducted test. Who were the ones that paid for it? If you don't have that info no worries. I'm impressed that it was a dealer car not a prepped factory vehicle.

Would you consider Sport Auto times independent or factory times? Curious...

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member
$175k car my man. It should do this. Several on here can afford a ZL1 1LE and it is based on a 25k car making it that much more impressive.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread