A Big Shout Out to Revolution Auto!

WildOne12

Established Member
For anyone who is having problems with there MT-82 and gear lock out or grinding at High RPM shifts I would definitely recommend you check out Revolution Auto & the work they do on these transmissions.

I was having problems with mine being very inconsistent when shifting @ 7500 or higher at the track, especially 2nd gear. So I decided after talking to some of the Revolution crew down at Cecil County to have them go through my trans with the Stage 1 upgrade. I also went with a new McLeod RXT something Ford should have spent a little more money on these cars with...

So far I am very happy with the way the car feels & the trans just feels much smoother through all gears. It's a nice feeling being able to bang gears quickly & confidently.

The new clutch got broken in right last night against some youngster who seemed to think he had a fast Camaro! Anyways I'll be heading down to my favorite testing area down on RT.9 tomorrow & see what kind of abuse this thing will take. Should be interesting to see what kind of results I get at the next track day... I should have no problem setting a new personal best.

Revolution Auto is a Great crew to do business with & I'll have no problem taking my car back to them or recommending them to a friend!

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
Sounds good. What do they do to the crappy MT82, replace components? I ditched the stock shifter and motor mounts, that helped but I'm still not 100% satisfied. Sometimes I can't find third if I'm pulling from a 2nd gear WOT, it pisses me off.

Ill_W1N

Established Member
This is the route ill be going once i go shortblock. I hear nothing but good things from rev auto and their mt82 upgrades. Saves on a driveshaft and gears too going this route. Let us know how she does at the track when u beat the piss out of it!

WildOne12

Established Member
This is a quote from another thread...

So everyone knows:

Rev Auto's number is 443-231-5072. But here are some specifics for the future.

Stage 1 includes CNC'd brass shift fork pads, brass shift stops, welded shift forks, hand dressed gears and slider assemblies. That's $899.00 for a MT-82 in working order. If there are damaged parts that need to be replaced obviously replacing the parts will reflect in a higher price.

Stage 2 includes REM treating all of the gears, shafts, and slider assemblies plus everything included in Stage 1. That's $1,899.00.

I had the Stage 1 upgrade done with a clutch install, plus broken parts. Feel free to PM me for details, all I can say it was money well spent. The install was around 3 days not including the Holiday.

Last edited:

nosscort

Established Member
the problem with your issues before were probably due to the stock clutch.. not saying the trans isn't better but the clutch is the real culprit of the shitty shifting and missed gears and lockouts

F.D.Sako

Established Member
That's great to hear man!
I'm scheduled to drop my car off with them next Saturday. Can't wait to enjoy this freakin' car again!

the problem with your issues before were probably due to the stock clutch.. not saying the trans isn't better but the clutch is the real culprit of the shitty shifting and missed gears and lockouts

Although most issues might be clutch related, but the broken plastic shift fork pads and shift stops cause the real lock out issues (and synchro damage down the line).

WildOne12

Established Member

My Trans had to come apart anyways to replace 2nd gear & with the problems I have had with dealers I chose to take it to a reputable shop. If Ford put better clutches in these cars from the factory the MT-82 would be better off, they may have even saved money in the long run in repairs.

5.0jake

Established Member
I was having problems with mine being very inconsistent when shifting @ 7500 or higher at the track, especially 2nd gear. So I decided after talking to some of the Revolution crew down at Cecil County to have them go through my trans with the Stage 1 upgrade. I also went with a new McLeod RXT something Ford should have spent a little more money on these cars with...

Unless they have relocated, Rev Auto is in Rosedale MD(Baltimore area), not Cecil.

WildOne12

Established Member
Unless they have relocated, Rev Auto is in Rosedale MD(Baltimore area), not Cecil.

Yes the shop is in Rosedale... That has nothing to do with me meeting the crew from Revolution down at Cecil County Dragway at a Test & Tune day. After talking with them & watching there cars run I decided to take my car to them.

Punisher1401

Established Member
I had all kinds of lockout issues. Had McLeod and Mgw with steel line installed by Rev. Absolute night and day. Zero issues now. Agree REV and crew were awesome to deal with!!!

helli217

Established Member
I had all kinds of lockout issues. Had McLeod and Mgw with steel line installed by Rev. Absolute night and day. Zero issues now. Agree REV and crew were awesome to deal with!!!

My trans has no problems shifting with the MGW and QDC fluid, but it's a whiney bitch. Not too bad but enough to annoy me. I may just take it to them when I am ready for a clutch in order to address this and get a trans treatment in the process.

Users who are viewing this thread