A/C problem, please help!!

98_cobra

N/A SnAkE
Established Member
Car is a 97 cobra. This problem started about two days ago out of nowhere. The MAX, VENT, MIX and NORM position on the a/c controls do not blow the air out through the main vents, ONLY blows through the defrost vents. its really weird. I pulled the a/c control out from the car and checked for disconnected wires and checked the fuse box on the inside of the car and under the hood( checked out fine). Can anyone that knows about a/c systems possibly lead me in a direction of where i should check next? I dont want to be tearing apart shit that does not need to be, lol. I hope i explained that clear enough.

Thanks.

Blk95Cobra

Established Member
the vents run off a vaccum line so i would check in the engine compartment against the fire wall for a broken vaccum line. Also double check he vaccum lines behind the controller if you cannot find any brone in the engine bay.

98_cobra

N/A SnAkE
Established Member
do you know if all the vac lines are constantly sucking? or does each one only suck when i have the control set on a certain position? im trying to back track the blue and red vac line out from the interior and into the engine bay but im having a hard time figuring where they come out. i think its one of those two. but then again, this is the only part of the car that i havent messed with lol.

Blk95Cobra

Established Member
more then likely its in the engine bay from heat cycles they get brittle and break. my 95 cobar broke in the engine bay and ran from the drivers side near firewall across 3/4 the wat to the passengers side and had a connection there so only was a piece of vaccume hose about 3 feet long. took all of 30 secs to swap it out.

Users who are viewing this thread