A color question about mach's??

Prey4Me

Another H&C LS1
Established Member
I was just wondering if they made a different yellow for each year? Is it '03= Zinc Yellow and '04= Screamin Yellow? thanks guys.

1slo32v

Established Member
it is a lighter color and does not seem to have the depth of screaming yellow IMHO, and did ford do the same thing in cobras 03=zinc, 04=screaming? or am i mistaken.

grey03mach1

Speed Junkie
Established Member
2000 - Ford ditches the Chrome and goes for another element...Zinc. It is decided that Yellow will be extremely rare this year with only 917 Zinc Yellow cars available for the special "Spring Feature" GT model only! Zinc Yellow was only available on this special model this year and is the smallest amount of yellow produced for any SN95 body.

~ 2001 - A carryover year for Zinc Yellow but an option on all V6, GT, and Cobras. The Zinc Yellow is found to be popular and in high demand. More made this year in yellow than any other previous year.

~ 2002 - Zinc Yellow stays in '02 for V6 and GT. 2002 Cobra not produced except in Australia.

~ 2003 - Zinc Yellow is an option on the all new 2003 Cobra and Mach I, as well as on V6 & GT also. As yellow shows to be a popular color for this generation, many other makes and models begin to sport a yellow color similar to that which Ford uses. We believe Ford started the trend of color with the Mustang in '93.

~ 2004 - New color this year. Screaming Yellow is available on all versions of the Mustang. Very similar color to Chrome Yellow. Screaming Yellow (D6) replaces Zinc Yellow.

~ 2005 - Screaming Yellow will also be the bright colored choice for '05. Same D6 paint code will apply on this all new redesigned Mustang.

~ 2006 - Screaming Yellow will also be the bright colored choice for '06. Same D6 paint code will apply on this.

~ 2007 - Ford ditches the color "Yellow" going with "Grabber Orange" instead for 2007.Hopefully it will return next year.

Users who are viewing this thread