A couple Kooks long tubes with Green cats H-pipe quick videos

azazell64

Established Member
Hi guys, recently I've been busy installing the front half of my exhaust system in preparation for spring. The complete exhaust consists of the following, Kooks 1 7/8" long tube headers, Kooks Green catted Boss H-pipe, QTP electronic cutouts, Kooks Gen II side pipes, Borla OTA pipes all mated to GT500 quad tip mufflers. I just completed the install last night so the videos are not of the best quality as I haven't setup my GoPro yet. Anyway, without further ado, here are a couple quick, poor quality videos. For any of you looking to do this install, the video DOES NOT do the volume level justice. It's not unbearably loud but it is certainly louder than before changing the headers and H-pipe. As it says in the description on the videos, these are both filmed with the cutouts completely closed so in essence, this is as quiet as the system can get, it only gets louder from here. Cold start up - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fndt8756ajw A couple quick revs https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T97YmUbPaj0

Jabooh1

Established Member
Sounds good! Are these taken inside? When you get a chance with the cutouts open that would be awesome.

I am looking to do this same thing.

Who did your tune?

azazell64

Established Member
Sounds good! Are these taken inside? When you get a chance with the cutouts open that would be awesome.

I am looking to do this same thing.

Who did your tune?

Hi there, this was indeed taken inside with the overhead door open as there is still a mountain of snow in front if the door. I will get videos of the side pipes as soon as I can. In regards to the tune, this is on the stock tune as the green cats can run on a factory tune.

azazell64

Established Member
They are louder than that in person and considerably louder when above an idle. Hope this helps.

azazell64

Established Member
I would think you should be making more than 450?

I would think this as well considering AM made 440rwhp with a Bama tune, Kooks lth, an 82mm throttle body and an intake. Different dynos read differently though too. Could be a lower reading dyno as I would expect better numbers.

Users who are viewing this thread