A couple of codes after Gen 3 install

craustin1

Established Member
So finally got my install done, but now I have two codes on the tune, and it's not running right. Here are the codes, any help with anything I might have missed would be appreciated: P012D and P0403

craustin1

Established Member
No built motor, stock 2010 motor. Mods include VMP gen 3, 2.8 pulley, 91 octane, VMP fuel pump booster, new plugs, 56# Ford injectors, 123mm JLT big air CAI, VMP custom tune. Currently using the stock OEM TB , as tuning for the 160mm monoblade is not yet available. Just finished install today, not had a chance for Dyno yet. I think I have a couple of pics when I was doing the install.

craustin1

Established Member
Pic

Attachments

• IMG_20180529_090126-2016x1512.jpg
    IMG_20180529_090126-2016x1512.jpg
    395.5 KB · Views: 247

Willie

Established Member
I think getting it to have good street manners is where they are being challenged with it.

Very interesting that they would sell a product without first developing any support for it.

Anyways, are you a tuner? If so, I'd take the FRPP monoblade effective area and OP FF TA prediction tables, and scale the effective area table to get in the ballpark. Then datalog without even starting the car, such parameters as Effective Throttle Area, ETC Desired Throttle Angle, and etc throttle position. Let it record for 10 seconds, then slowly push the accelerator pedal until you are at full throttle. Hold for another 10 seconds, then lift and stop recording. Use this data to refine the tables and to determine how to renormalize. This will get you darn close. Then run the motor and log PIDS such as ETC Actual Airflow, ETC Desired Airflow, ETC Desired Throttle Angle, ETC Feed Forward Throttle and Wheel Torque Error to fine tune your tables. Start at idle, then step rev at increments of 500 to 1000 rpms, holding each steady for 5 to 10 seconds. Using this data and modifying the tables will get you as close as any tuner will be able to and quite realistically, get you zoned in to YOUR CAR better than any professional tuner as they will never spend the time to do this. I call this process "supertuning" and just one reason why I invested in myself to learn.

And I suspect they are challenged in getting their mono to idle. This is often the case with monoblades. All they need to do is use the idle control and modify spark values in idle control logic only. BINGO!! Now you have drivability characteristics of a twin blade TB but with a monster mono!

Last edited:

craustin1

Established Member
I was pretty much bone stock. I tried to do a dyno one time, but the dyno broke with my car on it. I figure 450-460 at the rear wheels before. I will do some datalogs, then do a dyno on it.

Users who are viewing this thread