A couple of new IDS options for our cars

14GT5HUNDRED

Established Member
I think these are new options.. I plugged in with IDS 98.02 and I noticed that now you can set tire pressure.. lower or higher.. There were a few things.. Ill put pics up.. I only mention because I thought some guys may run lower pressures.. anyways.. just trying to put a bit of information out there.. also I think the axle ratios may stick now.. like I said.. I will post pics of the screens later..

paluka21

Established Member
If indeed there is an IDS fix for the loss of the axle ratio setting that would help quite a few owners out.

14GT5HUNDRED

Established Member
IMG_0276_zpsytvpiqdo.jpg

IMG_0280_zpsg6li88mp.jpg
IMG_0279_zpsddudvdy6.jpg
IMG_0278_zpsxsuboczi.jpg
IMG_0283_zpst3qsrwjd.jpg
IMG_0281_zpseqc1rzhh.jpg
IMG_0277_zpsvbagkqby.jpg

I looked again at the tire pressure.. unfortunately you can't go lower.. only higher :( the axle size.. I could only confirm on a car with the gears.. I am in dallas.. so if someone wants to try.. no problem.. One thing I did was disable the seatbelt reminder.. so that is nice.. I included pics.. just not of the seatbelt menu.. I just was posting because they looked different than they did last time I was in there..

Last edited:

paluka21

Established Member
IMG_0276_zpsytvpiqdo.jpg

IMG_0280_zpsg6li88mp.jpg
IMG_0279_zpsddudvdy6.jpg
IMG_0278_zpsxsuboczi.jpg
IMG_0283_zpst3qsrwjd.jpg
IMG_0281_zpseqc1rzhh.jpg
IMG_0277_zpsvbagkqby.jpg

I looked again at the tire pressure.. unfortunately you can't go lower.. only higher :( the axle size.. I could only confirm on a car with the gears.. I am in dallas.. so if someone wants to try.. no problem.. One thing I did was disable the seatbelt reminder.. so that is nice.. I included pics.. just not of the seatbelt menu.. I just was posting because they looked different than they did last time I was in there..

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't those settings show up in the previous version of IDS? If I am understanding correctly, the IDS allowed you to "change" the settings (gear ratio) but the changes did not apply to NVRAM in the PCM when the car was powered off. (Only stuck in the SRAM) If that is the case then Ford must have found a way to "burn" or save the settings to NV memory??

14GT5HUNDRED

Established Member
Yes.. you are correct.. but the others changed.. My thinking was that with the other options being updates that maybe. they finally made the axle option "stick" just my thinking.. I didn't remember the air pressure.. I didn't remember the tire size.. I could be wrong.. but it looked different.. Like I said.. I don't know for sure.. but it may work now.. I don't have gears to check.. and don't know what it would do to my car to change it and drive it like that if it did work.. I am willing to test on my car.. but I don't know how to tell really.

Either way.. I was just trying to give some info.. If it isn't new.. my apologies..

Last edited:

LEXiiON

Poser !!!!!!!!
Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Party Liquor Posse
The Axle ratio and tire size is also in older versions of IDS. I have a 3.55 and it programs it instead of the 3.31, and actually shows up when you disconnect the battery and read the PCM again with the new value. I remember Matt telling me, that the non-stickyness of the axle ratio was a bug in IDS... should have been fixed with version 98.00

LEXiiON

paluka21

Established Member
The Axle ratio and tire size is also in older versions of IDS. I have a 3.55 and it programs it instead of the 3.31, and actually shows up when you disconnect the battery and read the PCM again with the new value. I remember Matt telling me, that the non-stickyness of the axle ratio was a bug in IDS... should have been fixed with version 98.00

LEXiiON

Interesting. I may have to drop by the Ford dealer in the spring to see if this actually works....

Anyone else want to give this a shot for validation purposes?

Users who are viewing this thread