A/F Bung on Stock H-Pipe

T's Blk03

No Clue What Goes Here
Established Member
Anyone added one yet? I'm going to dyno on the 15th and I want it checked but they don't have the tail-pipe sniffer. How much should I spend and is it worth it?

Snake-Shadow

Established Member
Originally posted by T&J's Blk03
Anyone added one yet? I'm going to dyno on the 15th and I want it checked but they don't have the tail-pipe sniffer. How much should I spend and is it worth it?
I will be doing this in a week or two. I have a DJ Wideband Commander O2 sensor I need to hook up. The difficulty lies in the fact that the pre-cat is so close to the flange that it does not leave much room to install another bung. Will keep you posted and provide some pics of the install.

I would say go for it. It should not cost that much and if you ever do decide to get a wideband O2 you will have the hard part out of the way.

M@

Rick@Amazon

SVT God
Established Member
Hi Tim we weld them in when we tune to get an accurate reading. It's tight getting it in front of the front cat. You have angle it down and out. Don't have it on the lower side of the pipe because it can gather moister and ruin the sensor.

Rick

Snake-Shadow

Established Member
Originally posted by AmazonRacing
Hi Tim we weld them in when we tune to get an accurate reading. It's tight getting it in front of the front cat. You have angle it down and out. Don't have it on the lower side of the pipe because it can gather moister and ruin the sensor.

Rick
Hey Rick,

You wouldn't happen to have a pic and can you sell me an extra weld boss?

M@

Established Member
Getting mine welded in today for $20 bucks. Well worth it IMO cause a tail pipe sniffer just isn't accurate enough.

T's Blk03

No Clue What Goes Here
Established Member
Maybe I'm missing something. I thought all I needed is a hole. What's the sensor your talking about? I called a muffler shop and they told me they do them for $25. Would this include a sensor?

I guess what I'm getting at...What do I need to have done so that when I dyno they can get an accurate A/F? What should it be with just a cat back and how do you read the graph? I get confused which is bad, higher or lower numbers.

Thanks

Snake-Shadow

Established Member
Maybe I'm missing something. I thought all I needed is a hole. What's the sensor your talking about? I called a muffler shop and they told me they do them for $25. Would this include a sensor?

I guess what I'm getting at...What do I need to have done so that when I dyno they can get an accurate A/F? What should it be with just a cat back and how do you read the graph? I get confused which is bad, higher or lower numbers.

Thanks
The sensor I mention is an aftermarket goodie that you can use to determine your A/F without going to the Dyno. Same thing they use at the dyno just the home version. If you want a Bung in your exhaust so that when you go to the dyno and the dyno operator hooks his sensor in all you need is a hole drilled in the exhaust. Then you weld the Boss (Bung) in and add a threaded cap to seal it between uses. What you were quoted for 25 dollars is all that you need.

M@

Last edited:

Snake-Shadow

Established Member
Tim,

At some point you may want the capabillity to monitor your A/F without going to the dyno. There are few different monitoring devices on the market at this time. To name a few, FJO, LM-1 and the DynoJet Wide Band Commander, which is the one I got. All do the same thing you get at the dyno just at your convienience and less the coin it takes to get a dyno.

M@

Snake-Shadow

Established Member
Okay, cool. Anyone have a picture of the proper position of the part installed?
Page 5 of the Install Guide for the DJ Wide Band Commander should have the info you are looking for. However, I too am looking for a pic of a weld boss installed on a Cobra's stock h-pipe.

Users who are viewing this thread