A/F Questions

wojowojo16

Established Member
So I just installed in innovative wideband and am getting and A/F of 13.5 at WOT.... (I know, very very very very bad). thing is, Its been 1.5 years since I had the car tuned and at least 3500 miles, I find it hard to believe my A/F is that lean, I think I would have toasted the motor by now....

Any thoughts? I think I may just need to re-ground and re-calibrate my wideband. or do you think it could be that lean????

04CobraMatt

Established Member
Try re-calibrating first (make sure the sensor is outside the exhaust pipe). What exhaust setup do you have? where is the sensor installed?

wojowojo16

Established Member
Try re-calibrating first (make sure the sensor is outside the exhaust pipe). What exhaust setup do you have? where is the sensor installed?

I have a Full MAC setup, LT, H and Catback....bung is RIGHT after the longtube collector...

I did calibrate outside, will try again.

What A/F should I be reading when I calibrate to open air??? It does read a number correct?

-JOE

04CobraMatt

Established Member
I have a Full MAC setup, LT, H and Catback....bung is RIGHT after the longtube collector...

I did calibrate outside, will try again.

What A/F should I be reading when I calibrate to open air??? It does read a number correct?

-JOE

should read 20.9%

04CobraMatt

Established Member
with the innovative do I need to unplug the 02 sensor from the LC1 when recalibrating?

umm no... do you have the XD-16 gauge also? If yes, leave everything connected as normal, just pull the sensor out of the exhaust and press the xd-16 button 3 times, and once again while its flashing.

wojowojo16

Established Member
interesting, when I calibrated to air it was saying 18.5 or so....guess I just need to recalibrate...

I'll reground while I'm at it...

so it should def be 20.9 when calibrating to air huh???

04CobraMatt

Established Member
interesting, when I calibrated to air it was saying 18.5 or so....guess I just need to recalibrate...

I'll reground while I'm at it...

so it should def be 20.9 when calibrating to air huh???

yeah, be carefull not to breath on it or hold it by the sensor (it is heat sensitive). let it hang loose or hold it by the wire.

04CobraMatt

Established Member
so if it read 18.5 instead of 20.9, does that mean it would show a lean condition driving down the road?

do know about that, but i'll say this. I once calibrated mine while it was still installed in the exhaust. The car had been sitting for over 2 days so i figured it would calibrate correcty. Once driving away I immidiatly noticed the sensor alot less responsive than usualy and when I hit WOT it was reading mid 13's vs the 11.5 my car is tuned for.

Users who are viewing this thread