A Few Heat Exchanger Install Questions:

I read that you need to buy longer hoses because the stock hoses are too short to re-attach to the new unit.

When taking off the stock heat exchanger and the antifreeze pours out, can you re-use this? It says put 50/50 antifreeze and distilled water in the "intercooler". how will you do this when the intercooler is below the blower? it doesn't mean re-fill the reservoir does it?

When I checked my stock heat exchanger, I noticed a shit load, i mean a SHIT load of rocks and crap stuck in the there and would
hate for this to happen to my brand new heat exchanger and was wondering if there's anything I can buy or do easily to prevent this? because it looks impossible to get those rocks out as they look jammed in the holes.

What is the best paint to use to paint the brackets silver/chrome looking to match the heat exchanger? the stock black ones are all rusted so I think it would be good to just paint it to match the new heat exchanger. Will it look better with the brackets being silver or black for the heat exchanger with a silver car?

The last thing on the instructions says to "adjust coolant level" how do you do this?

That's about all the questions for now, just want to be sure I have everything and not get surprised and have install time delayed when I am installing it and have to go run to the store for something. Anything else to note on to make this install go more smoothlyplease let me know, thanks.

03 svtvenom

Repent!!!
Established Member
I have the LFP HE and you dont need new hoses. You just have to adjust the stock ones.

As long as the coolant drains into a clean container you can reuse it.

I used this thread for my HE guard http://www.modularfords.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27387&highlight=gutter+guard It worked perfect and looks awesome. Only cost me 1.17$

I painted my brackets silver to match the HE. I used high temp brake caliper paint.

For the coolant, just fill it back up in the resevior (sp?). My innercooler pump locked up when I did mine so I had to jump start it. I just blew some air in the resevior tank while the car was warmed up and it took off.

And last. This will all be so much easier if you take off the bumper cover. Its easy and doesnt take very long.

DitchTehFish

Established Member
03 svtvenom said:
I have the LFP HE and you dont need new hoses. You just have to adjust the stock ones.

I painted my brackets silver to match the HE. I used high temp brake caliper paint.

For the coolant, just fill it back up in the resevior (sp?)
I did the same as above with my LFP HE, except I re-filled my IC resevior with distilled water(there was still some coolant left in there).

Users who are viewing this thread