A few pictures of 2013 GT500

Neos281

Speedlab
Established Member
I don't get the whole black/smoked wheel thing. I would like to get the honeycomb style rims in silver or grey but I'll just have to get them painted.

x99blacksnakex

Horsepower over Willpower
Established Member
Candy Red with stripe delete, SVTPP, Track Pack, Recaro's, Shaker Pro. That is THE setup to have.

Panzerfaust

Established Member
Pics are GREAT and the diff cover is wild looking....whole car just rocks!!

Interesting pics, this car must have the track pack, as my 2011 SVTPP does not have either the electrical line for a temp sensor, nor does it have the hard line plumbed to the diff cover for oil transfer to the cooler.

Interestingly enough, the diff cover on my 2011 does have the boss cast into it where the hard line is plumbed in the pics of the 2013 diff cover. Was a diff cooler available as a Ford Racing part?

Hmmmm....I might have to correct myself from my earlier post above. Based on the plumbing on the diff cover, I assumed the pics in question were from a Track Pack-equipped car. However, looking at the exterior-view shots posted on this excellent thread (To OP: Thanks for the pics!!), I do NOT see a fog light delete, as was supposed to be the case with Track Pack cars. Can someone please let me know what's gonig on here????

Last edited:

Panzerfaust

Established Member
I don't get the whole black/smoked wheel thing. I would like to get the honeycomb style rims in silver or grey but I'll just have to get them painted.

I think the correct name for the paint color on the 2013 SVTPP wheels is not black/smoked, but rather it's called "Brake Dust Grey"...;-)

The wheels on my 2011 SVTPP are a pain to clean and these new ones look even worse. I'm glad they darkened them down!! :pepper:

91svtbird

Established Member
Interesting pics, this car must have the track pack, as my 2011 SVTPP does not have either the electrical line for a temp sensor, nor does it have the hard line plumbed to the diff cover for oil transfer to the cooler.

Interestingly enough, the diff cover on my 2011 does have the boss cast into it where the hard line is plumbed in the pics of the 2013 diff cover. Was a diff cooler available as a Ford Racing part?

Hmmmm....I might have to correct myself from my earlier post above. Based on the plumbing on the diff cover, I assumed the pics in question were from a Track Pack-equipped car. However, looking at the exterior-view shots posted on this excellent thread (To OP: Thanks for the pics!!), I do NOT see a fog light delete, as was supposed to be the case with Track Pack cars. Can someone please let me know what's gonig on here????

Track pack consists of three external oil coolers only. (engine, transmission with pump and rear differential with pump) There is no "fog light delete" nor is there any brake ducts. that was a mistake made and now corrected on the Ford web site.,,,,so yes that car pictured does have the track pack.

NY Eleanor

Established Member
Still don't like the SVTPP wheels over the regular wheels

I'm with you and fairly convinced I'm going to have to change the wheels after I get the car. Nothing makes as big a visual impact as the rim and tire. I hope there are some good choices out there...

h34d

Back In The Saddle
Established Member
Any chance you took some pics of the blue seat inserts in the white one?

I'm curious as to what they look like as those are the Sonic Blue OTT stripes as opposed to the Grabber Blue that is apparently not available this year.

RedfireWhipple

Established Member
Unfortunately that is almost never true with black wheels. The problem with Black wheels is that the "tires" are almost never glossy and black at all times. More often the tires are dull and the wheels are dusty and to me, it is never a good look unless the Wheels are perfectly clean AND the TIRES are Black (not with a tint of brown or grey) and Glossy.

Just my observation.

snakecharmer

Established Member
Love the red. Hate the wheels, they are totally hideous. Dark/Black wheels ruin that car. Some nice polished or chrome True Forge pieces would totally make that car.

brianz426

Established Member
I didnt know they brought back white with vista blue strips. Nice pics, I hope that carbon fiber drive shaft fits my 09.

They're calling them sonic blue stripes. I'm thinking that the ford website is wrong and grabber blue stripes aren't available as I'm in the process of ordering one and the dealer said he couldn't find grabber stripes in the system. It would only bring up sonic blue. My VOC says it's order code 85B.

These are the same color stripes that were on the GT500 in the Ford display at the Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance. I'm glad to here this (Sonic Blue)will be the color not Grabber Blue.:rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread