A few questions about used engine values.

nix5o

Established Member
This is kind of long and drawn out, but I'll try to keep it short and sweet.

I have been slowly gathering parts over the last year to do a 5.8 swap in my 11, so I could sell my 5.4 complete. The build is pretty much complete. Just waiting on the engine builder to finish the final touches.

As life usually is in my case, I'm to the point of I'm considering selling it since work is slow and I have a few other irons in the fire. I think the responsible thing is to put that money into other things right now. I thought I had a buyer for my stock 11' 5.4 but he was short on funds to complete his swap so he bailed, which is part of the reason I'm not wanting to push forward on my engine swap.

So my first question is, what is a stock 5.8 long block worth? I've seen engines for 15k+stock on ebay. Is that what they are actually going for?

What do you think my fully built 5.8 is worth?

The specs are:

5.8L long block that had 2300 miles on it before the build.

Stock oil pan & windage tray

TSS oil pump

CJ Crank shaft double keyed

Innovators west 15% od balancer

Manley Pro I beam rods (bought with 20 passes from birddoc, they were magnifluxed at given the thumbs up by BES)

Ross Pistons and wrist pins. (9.5:1 compression)

Total Seal rings

BES CNC ported 13' heads and Lower Intake ($4600 for porting and reassembly)

BES Intake and Exhaust Valves

BES Titanium Retainers

BES behive springs

BES custom grind blower cam shaft (also used from birddoc and inspected by BES)

Kloyes CJ spec timing set

MMR passenger side secondary timing chain tensioner

All ARP hardware (head studs, main studs etc)

03 cobra valve covers powder coated crinkle blue (stock color)