A few questions for the pros on here

HIGHOCTANE

Speed Junkie
Established Member
Trust me I have searched, I am the search king, lol. That is one reason I have very few posts Anyway I didn't find answers to some specific questions I have.

1) I fell prey to the Zaino and it worked pretty damn good on my DSG car.I have a lot left so until it is gone I plan on using it (unless of course you guys talk me out of it), with Optimum polish before hand. I just like the durability and suuposed protection it provides. My question is would P21S work well as a topper over the Zaino? Are they compatible?

2) Anyone used the Sonus Motor Kote? How does it work? Durability ect. Not sure how well a spray bottle would work?I just wonder how it compares to CD-2 Engine Detailer since I have heard that it is no longer available :??: .

There is a few guys on here that should be making some commissions, they made Autogeek $380 today, PC,some Poor Boys stuff , WW Microfiber, the whole 9 yards, lol. I could have spent alot more! My wife says I have a sickness :shrug:

Thanks!

spree

Established Member
Yeah Scott, where's my commission :cuss: :)

I'd stick with Zaino on DSG. What do you have, Z2 or Z2Pro?

HIGHOCTANE

Speed Junkie
Established Member
Sorry I guess I should have been more clear, this is for Competiton Orange.

Spree,

Z-2 Pro, I'll see if I can find some decent pics. On my DSG GT and My Smoke Grey Titan It looks GREAT and seemed to last real well, although I "wax" fairly often so the only real test was during a seven month deployment under a weathershield car cover and it still beaded water quite nicely.

Nicky Pass

...boom goes the dynamite
Established Member
You can top the Zaino with a carranuba wax, but you cannot put Zaino on top of anything...it won't bond.

spree

Established Member
HIGHOCTANE said:
Sorry I guess I should have been more clear, this is for Competiton Orange.

Spree,

Z-2 Pro, I'll see if I can find some decent pics. On my DSG GT and My Smoke Grey Titan It looks GREAT and seemed to last real well, although I "wax" fairly often so the only real test was during a seven month deployment under a weathershield car cover and it still beaded water quite nicely.

A carnauba would probably give you a bit more pop, but you can't really go wrong with Z2Pro either. That'll def. give you more durability too.

HIGHOCTANE

Speed Junkie
Established Member
Ok, thanks. I thought I had read several post that had talked about topping Zaino and other "sealants" with a Carnauba for a deeper shine.

If I use a polish, like Optimum,should should I wash again before applying the Zaino? Will the Optimum prevent the Zaino from adhereing? I would think washing after polishing would somewhat defeat the purpose.

Users who are viewing this thread