A few stupid questions

UARPREY

Established Member
Forgive my noobness..lol

But I have a few questions.

I hear there's a " intercooler" under the supercharger..Is this part of the stock Eaton? Would there still be one there if your car is KB,Whipple,etc?

My heat exchanger is kinda beat up because the car was once VERY low, and I guess bottomed out on something.. Is this affecting anything? I've found a stock one locally for 50 bucks..

wizbangdoodle

Inslee is an Idiot
Established Member
Premium Member
Yes, there is an intercooler under the blower. If you remove it, ue new bolts to attach a new one. I've never done a KB or Whipple, but I would assume the same setup.

If your HE is "beat up", replace it, especially if you can get a replacement for $50.

UARPREY

Established Member
Yeah it's not bad, it's not leaking, but you can see it's a little dinged up.

Going to try to get this stock one off this guy for 50. I assume the removal/replacement is pretty direct? Shouldn't have to burp the air or anything?

cbr repsol

Established Member
With any top mount supercharger made for the 03/04 cobra (even kb,Whipple or tvs) the intercooler will still attach .

Avispa

Established Member
There are no stupid questions. Only the ones you don't ask and mess things up because you didn't!

When you replace the intercooler, use new bolts and make sure to use red Loctite on them. One of these falling off will result in instant engine death.

There is no "burping" involved, but be prepared to prime the IC pump. Fill the reservoir and turn the pump on by jumpering the relay terminals (in the little rectangular black box next to the IAT1 sensor). You will then have to force feed the coolantinto the pump by pressurizing the reservoir from the cap end. You'll know it's working when you see the coolant swirling and bubbling in the reservoir. Add coolant to the fill line afterward.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread