A great story for anyone who has ever turned a wrench?!

NJ2000R

Certified FORD Fanatic!
Established Member
hehehe....been there....:D :D :D

PS: from my own personal experience: the exhust manifolds on a 428 Cobra Jet are only about 1/2" from the shock towers on a '68 mustang....the engine has to come back out if you develop an exhaust leak....:)

BRIMSTONE

Very funny!

Off topic - those M5's are sweet. Is BMW changing the design anytime in the near future?

I was at the LA Auto Show and I really liked the M5 there, I would definitely choose it over the M3 if I wanted a sedan.

Mike

Andy M

Established Member
Originally posted by BRIMSTONE
Very funny!

Off topic - those M5's are sweet. Is BMW changing the design anytime in the near future?

I was at the LA Auto Show and I really liked the M5 there, I would definitely choose it over the M3 if I wanted a sedan.

Mike
Mike,

The M5 is certainly one heck of a machine! I had an E36 (1998) M3 (Supercharged) before getting the M5, and although it was very fast, the M5 will eat its lunch in a straight line. On the track however, the M3 would win because of lighter weight and a near perfect 50/50 balance front to rear.

The 2003 M5 in its current form will likely be the last year for this model (E39). We have seen spy photos of the new model (E65) and I don't much like it.. the rear trunk lid looks like crap! Anyway, word has it that the new model is due out around 2005 or so.

I am actually thinking of selling mine. I don't drive it much any more and I could use the money to get me that BAT - Big A$$ Truck I and a trailer to pull the R around that I have been wanting for a while now.

I know however that I will miss it if I sell it. Man, that car rocks. I tangled with a C5 Vette one day on the Sam Houston tollway and he could not shake me from a rolling start all the way to 145 or so... I was on his bumper! What a machine!

sohowcome

Captain Obvious
Andy you must like them beemer boys more than us, you have more posts over there :p :p :D actually that site is awesome........ I really really love the 750i's would love to have one.....

Andy M

Established Member
Originally posted by sohowcome
Andy you must like them beemer boys more than us, you have more posts over there :p :p :D actually that site is awesome........ I really really love the 750i's would love to have one.....
Just gimme some time, and my post count will go up over here too! hehe?!! I've been on the M5 board for almost 2 years...and there are alot more M5s in the world than Cobra Rs... so there is alot more posting on that board - generally speaking.

Man, wait till you see the new 745i! What a machine! It doesn't have a key... it uses a little plug in module with a chip inside..then you press the start button. It also has the new 42 volt electrical system. A truly gorgeous car.

If its performance you want though (in a sedan) - the M5 is it!

sohowcome

Captain Obvious
I love the 7 series cause the are a massive car with loads of comfort and creature comforts, and they are technically speaking way ahead of the field and over all a beautifuly engineered road vehicle.

NJ2000R

Certified FORD Fanatic!
Established Member
Originally posted by Andy M
I could use the money to get me that BAT - Big A$$ Truck I and a trailer to pull the R around that I have been wanting for a while now.

Hmmmm, Bad Ass Truck....without any doubts, you'll be getting the FORD powerstroke diesel, right???? Anything else, just isnt a truck.....:rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

Andy M

Established Member
Originally posted by NJ2000R

Hmmmm, Bad Ass Truck....without any doubts, you'll be getting the FORD powerstroke diesel, right???? Anything else, just isnt a truck.....:rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:
Ken,

Not certain yet if I will get the Powerstroke or not? but it will definitely be a Ford!

Would not a F-250 with a good V8 be good enough to pull a trailer with my R inside?? Total weight would be around 7500 pounds if I go with an enclosed trailer, and somewhat less if I go with an open trailer.

NJ2000R

Certified FORD Fanatic!
Established Member
The diesel just pulls and pulls....you won't even know you have a trailer behind you, honest! lower maintenance and and better economy as well....My dad, brother, and all of my friends that tow stuff all agree....once you've driven the diesel, you won't want another gas engine truck....It does cost about $4000 more than a gas engine truck, but well worth it....Also, the F-250 would handle towing duties just fine, but I'd choose the F-350 over the F-250....it's got stronger axles, suspension, etc....and it rides smooooooother too! Especially with crew cab and an 8 foot bed! Just my .02 although somewhat biased 'cause I love my BAT :D :D :D :D :D

Andy M

Established Member
Ken,

I went to the Ford web site and priced out a decked F-250 SD Diesel Crew Cab with short bed...and it came to right at $40K.

I've also been looking around, and I can pick up good used ones around Houston for mid to high 20's, all with relatively low miles. I may actually go that route, so I can spend more on a nice trailer?...

Cobra-R

Established Member
Originally posted by Andy M
Ken,

I went to the Ford web site and priced out a decked F-250 SD Diesel Crew Cab with short bed...and it came to right at $40K.

I've also been looking around, and I can pick up good used ones around Houston for mid to high 20's, all with relatively low miles. I may actually go that route, so I can spend more on a nice trailer?...

Andy,
If you are gona be pulling long distances, I agree with ken, go with a diesel. I have a 00 F250 s/c with 4.30 gears and I wish I had more when traveling on long trips. The truck will pull fine out of overdrive, but you literally are gona be stopping for gas way to often(I usually get about 150 per tank pulling my trailer in overdrive). With the diesel you will be able to set the cruise control and just relax while driving. If all your towing is gona be relativly short, a gasser will probly work just fine.

Seriously consider an enclosed trailer, you'll always wish you had if you don't.

Brian

ps. Ken, I reserve the right to continue to razz you about teasing me about the V10. This in no way is an admission that you are right.
:p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

Last edited:

NJ2000R

Certified FORD Fanatic!
Established Member
Andy....A used diesel pickup would be smart, since you won't be using it heavily....I use mine every day....and the crew cab is real nice....you can never have enough cab room....I think back to my last pickup with a regular cab, and cant believe I got by with such little space for so long....besides, these trucks last and last....something a few years old with 40-60K miles is just getting broken-in....save the $$ and put it towards a trailer....

Brian....glad to see you finally admit to the Diesel being better :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

Users who are viewing this thread