A humbling experience...

hcracerx

Established Member
...for the other guy!!!

I was on my way to work about a week ago in my SVTF, coming off the freeway a little fast. There was this SN95 GT that was putt putt putting along on the offramp, and I had to get pretty hard on the brakes because he was driving so damn slow. Anyway, the light turns green and we both turn right. I figure I'll make the wide right into the left lane and go around...he cuts me off. I start to change back, he cuts me off again so I fade back into the left lane behind him. Just as I signal and attempt to make my move around him again, I hear him hit the gas. I downshift into 2nd and came from behind him, around him, and pull in front of him! Sorry buddy, you got smoked by a Focus!!! He was extremely pissed off and rode my tail the whole rest of Santa Rosa Road on the way to the 101.

I'm not saying he was a super fast car or anything. He probably had an exhaust and that's it, but this was the first Mustang I had run with my 4 Cylinder...and it put a smile on my face.

Mo Boost

Sunshine on the Darkside
Established Member
Good for you, dude....a bit of "Swift Vengeance Today", Focus-style...:thumbsup:

He had it comin'.:burnout:

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Originally posted by hcracerx
and I had to get pretty hard on the brakes because he was driving so damn slow. Anyway, the light turns green and we both turn right. I figure I'll make the wide right into the left lane and go around...he cuts me off. I start to change back, he cuts me off again so I fade back into the left lane behind him.

thats sounds a lot like an expeirence i had. the last guy in line was waiting in the right hand lane waiting to go straight. as i come up behind him i pull to the right to the right hand only turn lane. just as i am about to go he pulls out in front and cuts me off in the turn lane. i hit the brakes hard to keep from hitting him.
so i follow him around the corner and pull into the left lane to go around him. he obviously has no idea where hes going. he then cuts me off again as he pulls to the left lane in front of my bumber. so i quickly change back to the right lane and pull by him. he was not even going the speed limit. as i go by him he flips me the bird. cuts me off twice then flips me off as i go by. this guy has no idea how to drive. makes you want to :bash: .

hcracerx way to put that guy in his place. behind you. he is a :loser:

SSlayer96

Wheeeeeee!!
Established Member
Nice Kill:beer: I would love to have one of those Focus's with the 03 Cobra Engine Power Plant in them.

NyteByte

Pro-Freedom
Established Member
Originally posted by hcracerx
he cuts me off. I start to change back, he cuts me off again so I fade back into the left lane behind him. Just as I signal and attempt to make my move around him again, I hear him hit the gas.

Damn, I hate when people do that. What a dique head.

He got what he deserved. Good kill!
:beer:

joegt38

Established Member
Good kill, what do them svt focus run 0-60 & 1/4? I heard they were going with a supercharger or a turbo but I don't know.

hcracerx

Established Member
Originally posted by simpman
He probably didn't downshift or really wasn't racing.

I knew there might be naysayers, but are you sure you want to assume that? The car is making over 300 horses at the motor and weighs like 600lbs less. The GTs make 215 stock. Realistically, it was no contest (In fact, I shifted at 6,000 on him, whereas redline is 7,200); but being a Mustang guy forever like I have been, it was just a cool thing to have happen. Besides, nobody expects to get dusted by a Focus. Plus, beating up on Hondas just doesn't do much for me.

hcracerx

Established Member
Originally posted by NyteByte
Yikes! What kind of mods to you have on that Focus and where do I get one?!!

All that was required for the SVT Focus to get there was a Vortech supercharger, Vortech Air/Water Cooler, Bassani Exhaust, and a custom tune. The blower is the key...it's making 11.7 psi.

hcracerx

Established Member
Originally posted by shanker
Got pics of the set up?

It's the one in the Vortech ads for the new Focus system. Black car, silver graphics...I've put up numerous pictures of it up around here over the last few months. I'm sure you've seen it.

Users who are viewing this thread