A little help please.....

J-Rod76

2001 Lightning
Established Member
Keep in mind that this is my first time going to the strip....

time.JPG

Anyway, as you can see my reaction time and 60' times aren't all that great. Right before the second run my SES light turned on, but I just reset it and it hasn't bothered me since. What can I do to improve my times? I think I might be waiting too long to get on it, but I don't want to red light. Also, I can't hear anything with the helmet on, so I'm not sure if I'm spinning or what... Any advice/tips will be greatly appreciated.

BTW, the truck has a 4lb lower and a CAI running a canned predator tune, other than that it is stock

Robb327

HP Junkie
Established Member
You should see 12s with those mods,as far as leaving the light i leave when the last yellow hits and have never red lighted that way,i also have 1.60 short times.Just keep working on the r/t and 60s you will see better times.

KYLightning02

Established Member
wow i saw a 13.7 the first time i went to the track and i am completely stock but keep it up i know you can go lower :beer:

J-Rod76

2001 Lightning
Established Member
MattSVTCobra said:
j-rod.... your sig. pic is halarious! (sorry not on topic!)

Thanks....

KYLightning02 said:
wow i saw a 13.7 the first time i went to the track and i am completely stock but keep it up i know you can go lower :beer:

I'd like to blame some of it on track prep, but I think most of it was driver error. It did seem like everyone was running a little slow that night. There were a few guys with stage 1 SRT-4's that couldn't beak out of the 14's, and the one race I lost was to a Cobra, and he only ran a 13.3. Oh well, I'll try leaving on the last yellow next time and maybe let some air out of the tires and see how much that helps.

wydopnthrtl

Established Member
Your trap speeds are way down for a 4lb lower and a matching tune. Forget ET's for a second.. even if you did'nt launch good at all you ought to be seeing 104mph in the 1/4.

What's the elevation at that track?

Rich

HalfTime

Race it how you drive it.
Established Member
Track temp and humidity?
Screw the reation time. That is not important on you E.T. It plays no ralavnce to you time. The only thing your reaction time counts or maters for is in Bracket racing, and for a heads up race. If your going for a time slip, It wont matter if you sit at the tree for 3 mins then go, you'll still get a 13.x at 1xx mph. Your 60ft times are not THAT bad for your first time out. But your times are deff off. Compleatly stock, you should trap 100-101 at around 13.6. Where are your shift points at? Is your boost by-pass in your tune? You may be dumping boost. How about your boost actuator, is it set properly? Check the how to section for more info on both of those. As far as your launch.. Try this. I am on F1s, but this is what I do to get mid 1.8s every time. Clean you tires, don't do a burn out. Just spin the at 3k for about 2-3 seconds. Let'em hook, stage, rev to 1400rpms, then on the last yellow, let take your foot off the brake, and ROLL onto the throtle. I get to WOT just befor the 1st to 2nd shift.

EDIT: Also, make sure you have the latest revision to the Predator, 8r10.

Last edited:

Silver04L

93 Octane Member
Established Member
+1 on the trap speed being off. I had about the same mods and trapped 105s consistently....

EnglishAdam

Established Member
What's the deal with the HD in the next lane :shrug:

Hope that's a diesel running those times and not one like mine :nonono:

HalfTime

Race it how you drive it.
Established Member
Don't think that's a HD he was running... Look at the Car#s under left and right, he ran different cars every time.

Users who are viewing this thread