A little tap

DeuceSVT

Established Member
Im out from college and im visiting family back here at home for the summer. About 3-4 weeks ago we where in my moms car (my cars not registered to go on military bases) pulling out of the parking lot about 1-3mph and we tap parked car that had 3 people in it. We got out inspect and theres no visible damage or injury to anyone. The Dad of the family in the hit car said there might be damage to the frame...(lawl). We see these people every week and i brought up the accident at least once and they didnt say much (asked how the car was). My question is, (well its really my mom's Q) Can they come to sue us at anytime? Mom's freaking out about getting a phone/mail stating lawsuit. If they do, anyway to get out of it because it happened almost a month ago? Or suck it up n pay.

Thanks, -Ted

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
There is a statute of limitations for filing a civil suit. In most states it is 2 years.

Iceman II

Right Behind You!
Established Member
I wouldn't worry too much about this. I have to raise an eyebrow over the bent frame comment? Often some folks will lie and claim injuries for money, thus cheating the insurance companies. Ultimately all of us pay for it.

Users who are viewing this thread