a little turbo scratchy vid

03gobluecobra

torque steer sucks
Established Member
Wow, that was awesome. Did you really have as much traction as it looked like? That would be sweet. What kind of power/boost were you putting down?

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
03gobluecobra said:
Wow, that was awesome. Did you really have as much traction as it looked like? That would be sweet. What kind of power/boost were you putting down?

18psi peak - 93 octane
somewhere north of 670rwhp

It was just 315 nittos bro, like 35psi DD setup. Kinda glad it was like 90 degrees and the road had some heat in it. That and it doesn't really put down the power till about 12-15mph:loser:

No wheelspin, just kinda mosey's off the line if I don't bog it too hard and meanders up till 3500rpm and then blammo, sssssssssssssssssssssssss

...now from a roll:eek:

downright scary actually

Jon Lunds tune feels noticeably stronger than PHP's

JP

Peoples Choice 1st Place
Established Member
postban said:
just testing the trans(faceplated custom Liberty Viper-spec setup)

eek.gif
Did I just see a vid of you nailing all the gears 3X IN A ROW.
eek.gif

partysmiley.gif

JP:beer:

Champ10187

Established Member
Sounds awesome. Is that a custom setup or did it come as a kit. I was looking into the HP turbo kit but it's so damn expensive. Lets see more!!:rockon:

EDIT: just notice it says Hellion kit. is it the box stock hellion kit or did you upgrade it at all?

Last edited:

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
Champ10187 said:
Sounds awesome. Is that a custom setup or did it come as a kit. I was looking into the HP turbo kit but it's so damn expensive. Lets see more!!:rockon:

EDIT: just notice it says Hellion kit. is it the box stock hellion kit or did you upgrade it at all?

full rundown on the setup in my MODLIST link in my sig.

vector

1st Whipple in the 10's
Established Member
just because :) coooooool boost control needs to go but still soooo cooool

WhippleCharged Sonic

Screwed, Blued & Tattooed
Established Member
Glad to see it running good. Hopefully we can get to the track soon...I am going through withdrawl. Haven't had much seat time cause I have been real busy with the new job and getting some housework done.

CobraSVT657

Established Member
Looking good Dave... just out of curiosity.... what are you shifting at... and... without the blower, I'm assuming the 03/04's could rev higher like the N/A cobras/Mach1's to around 7000 rpm... I could be wrong (it wouldnt be the 1st time)

Sounds like you got your shifting down.... do you miss the low end torque of the Whipple yet? I'm sure the turbo makes up for it in the mid to high

:beer: :beer: :beer: <<<~~~ Coors Light

Last edited:

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
CobraSVT657 said:
Looking good Dave... just out of curiosity.... what are you shifting at... and... without the blower, I'm assuming the 03/04's could rev higher like the N/A cobras/Mach1's to around 7000 rpm... I could be wrong (it wouldnt be the 1st time)

Sounds like you got your shifting down.... do you miss the low end torque of the Whipple yet? I'm sure the turbo makes up for it in the mid to high

:beer: :beer: :beer: <<<~~~ Coors Light

Not missing the 3-4 belts the whipple would have chewed through. Yeah it's kinda pokey for the first few yards there, same tune down low as an N/A 4v. Needs more compression is what Tymensky and Lund have both said.

Shifted at 6500. I could wind it farther but it goes from 4500 to 6500 in a nanosecond, tough to get it right now. Faceplating is doing its job

:beer::beer: :beer: <<<~~~ Oberon

Users who are viewing this thread