A long time ago....

vortecd

Established Member
(about 40 years) in a galaxy far, far away... well not really

STAR WARS hit the theaters May 25th 1977.

There has been no other film series in history that has the influence it has in so many walks of life. It really is crazy how often it is mentioned in shows and movies, Star Wars is everywhere!

For me I was 7 when it came out and my childhood was all about it. I was amazed at how kids even growing up in the early '90's were into them and there had not been a movie in many years but they knew about it. It is great they are still making movies that new generations can enjoy the thrill of seeing a new Star Wars movie on the big screen as can the many long time fans

Silverstrike

It's to big to move FAST!
Established Member
But then again if you ever seen Lucas early work THX 1138 it left a lot to be desired.

Hard to believe that these two films was made by the same man and yet are totally different through and through.

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
Lucas is over rated. One, the prequels are bad and two, Empire and Jedi (not directed by Lucas) were leaps and bounds better than IV.

Sent from my iPad using svtperformance.com

lastcall190

Established Member
Lucas is over rated. One, the prequels are bad and two, Empire and Jedi (not directed by Lucas) were leaps and bounds better than IV.

I agree with this. I never made it past the first prequel. I thought Empire was the best of the original three, better than IV easily.

I wouldn't mind seeing IV, V, or VI again in the theaters (I think I did back when they were rereleased many years ago). I have very little desire to see the new ones though, maybe because the original three remind me more of my childhood than anything else. Oh well.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
Huge Star Wars fan here. Can't get enough of Kirk and Spock's ambiguous love-hate relationship.

lol.

Saw the first Star Wars when I was young, I was 9 when it hit theaters. Got all the merchandise. Unfortunately lost all of them through time. I enjoyed the first 3, but can't get into any of the newer ones. Didn't see the last one that came out, nor will I care to see the next one to be released.

I will say I saw Smokey and the Bandit when it came out. One of my favorit movies to date.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
I was born in August 1977. So, I have never lived in a world without Star Wars. I'm a huge fan, and now my 5 year old son is just as nutty as I am about it.

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
I can see how people wouldn't like the movies. I know not everyone is a Sci Fi fan, or even a fan of movies period, but these films do indeed have a cult following. The amount of money they have made over the years is insane. I don't see this franchise dying out.....ever.

Users who are viewing this thread