A match made in heaven. My new Ecoboost F150

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Our body shop does plenty of aluminum bodied cars, the F150 is not the first to go this route, it's just the highest possible volume vehicle to do so. Parts will be more expensive, usually about three times more than a normal body panel, but it's not going to be harder on a body shop who is already familiar with it. Most of the premium brands are already using it.

Last edited:

DSG2NV03

MUST HAVE BOOST!!!
Established Member
Nice pair! I have a matching (kinda) pair also!
photo_zpsf8620802.jpg

CobraCarrera

Established Member
Our body shop does plenty of aluminum bodied cars, the F150 is not the first to go this route, it's just the highest possible volume vehicle to do so. Parts will be more expensive, usually about three times more than a normal body panel, but it's not going to be harder on a body shop who is already familiar with it. Most of the premium brands are already using it.

Good to know. Did not know that.

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
Good to know. Did not know that.

Hopefully with production being so high it will drive the cost down on the replacement parts, but who knows. We'll find out prices soon as we do all of Enterprise's cars which include lots of F150s so we'll be seeing them soon.

ScottinSSMD

gotta 996TT too!
Established Member
Love my 11 EB. DId the open vent mod so I hear the bypass air all day long. Most comfortable truck I've ever had, especially for daily driving. I mean all day daily driving.

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
Nice. I'll have to look into that or just doing the blowoff valves. I just want more engine and turbo noise. Thanks!

BradN01

Yes, it's factory paint
Established Member
Very nice...... good luck with it..... I am looking around for one as well.....I took out a few for a test drive and I was impressed on how nicely the truck moved out...Looking to step into a 2011 or 2012 as budget allows....

I am looking more for a crew cab which has a smaller bed unfortunately. I like the bed size of your truck better but I need the crew option as I have two kids to haul around.....

Are you going to do any small mods to it.? The Solo, Borla, and MBRP exhaust actually sounds pretty good on these trucks. Well as best as it can for a 6 cylinder..... Blow off valves are also a must....LoL...

Good luck with it... It does match your car nicely...... I almost bought a silver Eco to match my silver Cobra.....

You can get the SCrew with a 5.5' or 6.5' bed.

ScottinSSMD

gotta 996TT too!
Established Member
Yeah, I don't recommend you leave your hoses wide open like the guy in that video above. Just trouble waiting for you around the corner. Go to F150Forum for all your modding needs. Got punch drunk over there and even went for the flush mount back up lights in the bumper.

Use this link for the proper parts to do the BOV setup. Mine is the 11 though. Not sure what the latest and greatest is.
http://www.f150forum.com/f59/ecoboost-convert-bypass-blow-off-valve-kit-192967/

dtd01svt

Established Member
Do yourself a favor and go hit up Shawn at Southern Speed, Inc. for an SSI Gen2 tune!

Guy just ran a 13.1 with a TUNE ONLY!

Users who are viewing this thread