A nice place to mount an air/oil separator

rips-stang

Established Member
I thought I would post this up just in case there was anybody else out there that didn't want to drill holes in their cowl vent plastic. All I did was cut a L shape out of some metal and bend, drill, and paint it. I think it turned out nice. :beer:

oilsep.gif

oilsep2.gif

badboy

Done with it!
Established Member
That looks good. How easy is it to take off the bowl to drain it? Do you have to remove the bracket? Can you see the oil level easily? Not to be critical but I have been scratching my head trying to find the best place to mount mine.

Thanks for the input.

rips-stang

Established Member
badboy said:
That looks good. How easy is it to take off the bowl to drain it? Do you have to remove the bracket? Can you see the oil level easily? Not to be critical but I have been scratching my head trying to find the best place to mount mine.

Thanks for the input.

I don't think that it would be that hard to get in there and remove the bowl, but if you need more wigglin room you can just unscrew it from the bracket and you could get it. Or better yet, you could yank the valve out of its gromet from the valve cover and that would give you all kinds of slack. Where it sits, I think you can see it good enough to see if there is oil in it.

For hooking everything up, I took the hard plastic hose off with the small rubber hose piece (it was a short piece with about a 130* bend in it) that attaches to the back of the engine (there was a plastic "T" back there). I replaced that small rubber hose with the one from the PCV valve (thats what its called, right? lol) and pushed a 3/8" hose barb mender into it. Then I pushed some 3/8" hose onto that, and finally ran the hose to the separator. Easy stuff. :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread