A nice warm welcome to the 2nd gen club....

GMKILR9050

MTPockets
Established Member
Finally after not having a toy for almost a whole year I went out today and bought an 01 lightning! These things were more impressive than I had imagined. However......... After not even owning the truck for more than 24 hours, within 1 hours time, my overdrive light started flashing for a trans code, started shifting very poorly into 2nd, would come and go sometimes, also within that same time frame, i went to go pass someone on the expressway, not even getting into it at all and i heard this ungodly "pop" come from under the hood. I thought i blew the intake elbow off or something,...... nope, turns out that i blew the spark plug right through the top of the head....... Haha! I guess this is my welcome back gift for being out of the scene for so long. I even read about the spark plug thread issue! Still after all of this, I was still very impressed with the initial purchase! LOL Any suggestions would be helpful, obviously im new to the lightning scene.

RIDE THE

Shake & Bake
Established Member
I guess a Welcome would be in order but I wish you had a better intro into the L life.

What plug blew out? Timeserts will repair the head but the rear plugs can be a pain to get to.

I'd have the codes pulled for the trans concern and start from there.

Last edited:

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
Check under the truck for the wiring near the trans, it can chafe and cause issues. Also check all the fuses in the aux power box under the hood.

Www.timesert.com can get your plug problem taken care of. It's really easy to do, just time consuming, it's a permanent fix as well.

Welcome back, lol.

Stinger2007

Established Member
Yeah! What he said!

I guess a Welcome would be in order but I wish you had a better intro into the L life.

What plug blew out? Timeserts will repair the head but the rear plugs can be a pain to get to.

I'd have the codes pulled for the trans concern and start from there.

:lol::lol:

Users who are viewing this thread