A-pillar boost gauge pic

mds370

Established Member
Here is a pic of the autometer Lunar series boost gauge I installed a couple of days ago.

svt-tmleader

Established Member
Looks nice. I want to get a lunar series guage cluster for my 01, I relly like the electroluminescent glow it puts out. But they don't have the cluster available for Cobra yet, only GT!

mds370

Established Member
Thanks,

I found out about the cluster after getting rid of my 99 GT. I would have bought that had I known.

B

blown03cobra

when you are at a stop does it show that you are in vacuum??? acording to your new one, how "off" is our stock one

mds370

Established Member
yes. gauge shows approx 22 inches of vacuum. The stock gauge seems accurrate, but I didn't like the fact it only reads 0 and 10. hard to judge what the actual boost reading was.

Last edited:

mosconiac

Established Member
Gauge Pod Manf???

What make is your gauge pod??

Yours looks to match the factory pillar really well in texture and color.

TIA, Mosconiac

mds370

Established Member
The pillar is an autometer. Part number is listed in an above post. The pillar comes in black. I work at a Ford dealership , so I bought interior trim paint to match the pod to the a-pillar. It's so close you really can't tell.

i8u

Established Member
I have a tripple full a pillar that is black. Looks like I'm going to but some trim paint. Good idea!

mds370

Established Member
I ran a Tee into the fuel pressure sensor on the fuel rail for temporary hook up. There are two vacuum source types. Upper and lower intake vacuum. You must hook into lower intake vacuum to read both boost and vacuum.
The gauge works fine where it is hooked in now, so I may leave it where it is.
If you look inside the driver's door(hinge area),directly behind the loom for the door wiring, you will see black grommet. I pulled out the grommet,sliced an X in it and ran the vacuum line through it. I used a piece of rubber hose to protect the nylon tubing supplied with the gauge. This made it possible to install without having to drill holes in the firewall.
We looked up the color for the 03 but it wasn't in the computer yet, so I used the same charcoal color from my 99. I painted both the a-pillar and the pod so the color would be similar. The color matched better than I expected . I painted the pod a lighter color for a base, then sprayed the charcoal.
I can post the part number for the interior paint tomorrow. I won't say it's dead on ,but very close.Please don't flame me if it isn't close enough for your own personal liking.

thanks for all of the compliments

Users who are viewing this thread