A question for the stick axle track guys

Cobra-R

Established Member
When I was installing the panard bar on our 95R, I noticed the rear axle breather is screwed into the top of the axle tube on the passenger side.

Has anyone had trouble with oil overflowing out of that breather after extended track sessions???

I was thinking of adding a hose to it and running it up to the frame like some of the newer cars have in order to prevent possible oil seepage when hot. If it hasn't been any kind of problem I will leave it alone.

Thanks, Brian

R-CODE

Established Member
95R

Hey Brian, I don't have an answer to that question, I just wanted to know what mods you and your father have been working on the 95R?, and what you two have planned for future mods? Sounds like a great car from purchase; Good Luck!:rolling:

Cobra-R

Established Member
Re: 95R

Originally posted by R-CODE
Hey Brian, I don't have an answer to that question, I just wanted to know what mods you and your father have been working on the 95R?, and what you two have planned for future mods? Sounds like a great car from purchase; Good Luck!:rolling:

So far over the winter we have added:
MM Panard bar
MM Torque arm
MM Lower control arms
MM full length subframe connectors
Roll bar
Recaro seats
Spearco five point harnesses
Accusump

Last fall we installed a Brembo brake kit and a pro-5 shifter

Our next mods will start tackling the front end, new a arms and some things like that. We havn't decided how much we are going to do up front yet, but we deffinately need to get those soft bushings out of there.

We bought the car last fall with 66 miles on it and bought it to use on the track. We aren't doing anything that we can't reverse and put back to stock, but we bought it to enjoy.

Depending on the weather, I may take the 95 to Atlanta in April for the SCMC event at Road Atlanta for it's shakedown run. If the weather is going to be nice, I will take my 00R and the 95 will get tested at Road Amaerica a week later.

Dean95CobraR

Established Member
Originally posted by Cobra-R
When I was installing the panard bar on our 95R, I noticed the rear axle breather is screwed into the top of the axle tube on the passenger side.

Has anyone had trouble with oil overflowing out of that breather after extended track sessions???

I was thinking of adding a hose to it and running it up to the frame like some of the newer cars have in order to prevent possible oil seepage when hot. If it hasn't been any kind of problem I will leave it alone.

Thanks, Brian

I have had some fluid come out of the breather. Not enough to drip but you can see where it has come out. I have heard of people actually putting some kind of bottle to catch the fluid. I think Bryan from the club has done that.

TcM-668

I would think that anything that might leak fluid on the track should be routed to a catch can of some sort...

Dropping anitfreeze on the track would be bad enough, but tossing differential fluid, even a little bit(in a turn or on a rise, or under hard braking, possible scenarios that could cause enough fluid to slosh out via the vent) should be prevented from venting to the track, I would think...

Just my $ .02 worth...

Don ...

Big Daddy

Open Track Junkie!
Established Member
Re: Re: A question for the stick axle track guys

Originally posted by Dean95CobraR

I have had some fluid come out of the breather. Not enough to drip but you can see where it has come out. I have heard of people actually putting some kind of bottle to catch the fluid. I think Bryan from the club has done that.

Hmmm you're over here also!! How's it going?? ;-)

Cobra-R

Established Member
Re: Re: Re: A question for the stick axle track guys

Originally posted by Big Daddy

Hmmm you're over here also!! How's it going?? ;-)

Oh geez, who left the door open and let the riff raff in?:p :p :p

Dean95CobraR

Established Member
Re: Re: Re: Re: A question for the stick axle track guys

Originally posted by Cobra-R

Oh geez, who left the door open and let the riff raff in?:p :p :p

I think the moderator over here just isn't doing his job! :p :lol: :lol: :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread