A Quiet Place

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
Thought it was ok.

Not something I would watch again any time soon but was different, so that was cool.

Watched that and It comes at night this weekend. ****ing kids ruin everything lol.
Dumb deaf girl in Quiet Place disobeying her parents leads to everything going bad and the son in ICAT probably causing the chaos.

B7BlownSnake

Established Member
It wasn't a bad movie, but I'm definitely glad I Redboxed it and didn't go to the theater.

Seeing how the monsters' armor operated, it would be pretty easy to take them out. My first thought was, as animals that see by hearing, it would be pretty easy to confuse or hurt them.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Thought it was decent. Sort of like Signs and every other alien movie where they are terrorized for 3/4 the movie until they find the key to defeating the aliens.

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
I read the backstory article. I have no idea why the word "brilliant" is used to describe this movie. The movie is a modern day B movie. The production is today's version of early horror movies such as "The Blob".

The only suspense in "A Quiet Place" concerns the end credits. At this point you realize that you wasted time and money. The suspense of whether or not the movie would be entertaining opens up into utter disappointment.

Sent from my SM-G930V using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
Blind aliens fly a ship over here to invade us after their world was destroyed. Bulletproof armor yet they never encountered humans/guns before. Mmk.

Would of been interesting if these were just the "grunt" aliens that were part of an invasion. Like there are many more types of aliens out there but they sent out these acute hearing aliens to pick off people/animals in secular areas.

I feel like most movies you can find certain plot holes or unrealistic features, but at the same time just got to roll with it.

blk02edge

Established Member
Blind aliens fly a ship over here to invade us after their world was destroyed. Bulletproof armor yet they never encountered humans/guns before. Mmk.

Would of been interesting if these were just the "grunt" aliens that were part of an invasion. Like there are many more types of aliens out there but they sent out these acute hearing aliens to pick off people/animals in secular areas.

I feel like most movies you can find certain plot holes or unrealistic features, but at the same time just got to roll with it.
They lived in an incredibly hostile envirnonment which likely had far more extreme conditions making bullets nothing. Also they arrived on an asteroid not a ship. They were not an advanced creature

Yes.. stupid I know

Netflix is releasing another one called Extinction and it looks far more promising and has Michael Pena.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
They lived in an incredibly hostile envirnonment which likely had far more extreme conditions making bullets nothing. Also they arrived on an asteroid not a ship. They were not an advanced creature

Yes.. stupid I know

Netflix is releasing another one called Extinction and it looks far more promising and has Michael Pena.

Wow, guess I missed that part of the article.
I'm going blind, or retarded. Probably both since I missed all of that lol. That's what I get for skimming.

blk02edge

Established Member
Wow, guess I missed that part of the article.
I'm going blind, or retarded. Probably both since I missed all of that lol. That's what I get for skimming.
It may have been in a different article that I didnt post, after the movie I read everything I could find in a rage, that was off memory ha

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
It was decent. The kids were annoying as hell. I was actually glad the little boy got served up. Yeah, he was young, but he was still too old to be that ****ing stupid. They must've been crappy parents because all 3 of them were brats. Plus, it's way past time that we start seeing kids get wasted in movies and TV. I was surprised that they showed a kid get shot and killed in the TV show Colony.

Thats why I'd be interested in seeing it, to see how good the writers actually are at explaining those monsters.

The writers made almost zero attempt to explain them other than some newspaper articles flashed on screen in the background.

Their world was destroyed and they somehow survived on a piece of it that hurled through space and landed on Earth. How they survived thousands, possibly hundreds of thousands, of years (and that's from our closest stellar neighbors) with no subsistence is a Hollywood mystery. In an interview, Kriszinsky explained away them surviving the vacuum and perils of space by way of their armored bodies. That still doesn't explain them surviving the amount of time they were adrift in space.

As someone mentioned, with them being purely sound-based for detecting prey, there's no way we wouldn't have laid waste to them almost immediately after figuring that out! We have sonic weapons in the military, and NASA has all kinds of sonic devices for testing satellites for space launches! That was a MASSIVE plot hole. Overall, though, it was still entertaining.

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
For ****s sake, can you not suspend reality for a sci-fi suspense?! I’m tired of all these “space chore” movies/TV shows, where the main focus is how to survive day to day life. It’s a sci-fi show just let your imagination let it make sense.

Users who are viewing this thread