A real look into Detroit fire fighthing, NSFW *Language*

Erick

Established Member
What a damn shame! Absolutely incredible. I no longer live there but my heart will always be in Detroit. Thanks for posting!

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Those guys do incredible work under difficult circumstances. I just spent a week in Detroit. There is so much potential in that city it's ridiculous. IMO, the bankruptcy is the best thing that could happen to the area. I love Detroit and I'd like to own a house or apt there, but there's no way I'm going to pay the area's insane tax and insurance rates.

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member
Definitely a gripping video. I found myself shaking my head throughout it. Detroit itself is making a slight turnaround. I have family in Michigan as my uncle worked for Ford for 25 years I believe.

RestoStang67

GO LOBOS!
Established Member
I lived near Detroit for a couple years. The situation in Highland Park is not surprising, that place is rough. Its a shame whats happened and still happening in Detroit. I would love to see Detroit become the great city it was and should be today. Go Tigers!

Last edited:

Detoxx03

El Cucuy
Established Member
It breaks my heart. It's my hometown and I still visit 3-4 times a year. Plenty of family still there also. I hope I live to see it be the "Paris of the West" once again.

SVT_Troy

Established Member
I was born and raised in the D and leaving for the military living in other areas has brought me to never want to move back there. I only visit because I still have family and friends. I'm really wanting to hit the dream cruise up one of these years since it's been ages....

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
that was really cool. scary insight to the real world people choose to block out with "reality" tv.

thanks for sharing

JD03Cobra

Who's your Daddy!
Established Member
The auto companies are booming, the city is restructuring and things are turning around. It's a 40+ year problem in Detroit so it won't get fixed overnight. I'm down in the D on a regular basis and things are improving. Love my Tigers and local sports here. Detroit has a new mayor that comes with passion. I wish him much luck. Michigan in general is a beautiful state.

OP's video is based on the city of Highland Park. Well look here!!!

Highland Park firefighters get new ladder truck; new fire station construction begins

AtlantaGT500

Established Member
I was born in Highland Park at Highland Park General and lived in Detroit for the first 11 years of my life. Seeing that video makes me very sad. I go back and see my mother who now lives in Farmington Hills a couple of times a year. I make it a point to drive around the D, spend some money and show some support.

I would move back there in a hot minute if the cards were right.

MFE

Established Member
I lived in the Detroit area for the first 29 years of my life, and I've been back in the area 2-5 times a year ever since. It's a great place if you can afford to live in the expensive suburbs and never (and I mean never) have to interact with the animals who have dragged that city into the cesspool that it is, and will forever remain. Ever looked at some violent video from the middle east or Somalia and said "well, they place a different value on human life"? Yeah, it's exactly like that in the city of Detroit. For every upstanding citizen or visionary trying to live life like a human being, there are 10 worthless oxygen thieves who can't wait to shoot you for your shoes. Screw Detroit. Screw former mayors Coleman Young and Kwaame Kilpatrick and every fist-waving reverse racist who put them in office, dragging the city further into quagmire with their ****-you Whitey attitudes and their brazen, blatant corruption. And screw all the apologists who hang by their coattails. What a waste of a once great city.

Last edited:

SVT_Troy

Established Member
I lived in the Detroit area for the first 29 years of my life, and I've been back in the area 2-5 times a year ever since. It's a great place if you can afford to live in the expensive suburbs and never (and I mean never) have to interact with the animals who have dragged that city into the cesspool that it is, and will forever remain. Ever looked at some violent video from the middle east or Somalia and said "well, they place a different value on human life"? Yeah, it's exactly like that in the city of Detroit. For every upstanding citizen or visionary trying to live life like a human being, there are 10 worthless oxygen thieves who can't wait to shoot you for your shoes. Screw Detroit. Screw former mayors Coleman Young and Kwaame Kilpatrick and every fist-waving reverse racist who put them in office, dragging the city further into quagmire with their ****-you Whitey attitudes and their brazen, blatant corruption. And screw all the apologists who hang by their coattails. What a waste of a once great city.

Damn brother tell us how you really feel!!

Monkeygrits

Newb SVT Poster
Established Member
I can't see how our government justifies sending billions and billions to other countries in foreign aid when these firefighters are working out of a vacant warehouse. WTF

Users who are viewing this thread