A request for any/all terminator owners in Northern NJ...

SkippyMcGee

Established Member
Hey guys, I havent really ever posted here in here (mostly hang around the gen 2 L forum) but I have a request for everyone in the Northern NJ area that owns a termi...

I have been toying with getting rid of my weekend driver Lightning and my recently acquired dd 2002 audi s4 in favor of a termi for the following reasons:

- makes more sense to have a 6speed weekend car in NJ
- s4 is expensive to maintain as a dd... id rather just get a superbeater
- i want the handling of an s4, but the brutality and obnoxiousness of my L all in one car
- i love my L, and told myself i would never sell it... but after get out of the s4 and into the truck, I only wish that the truck was as good around the corners as it is loud, awesome looking, and quick

i want to check out a terminator in person in order to know if this plan of mine is even feasible. here are my reservations:
- i'm a tall guy (6'4" or so) with long legs and ive been told the termi is a bit cramped to some.
- 2 years ago i traded in my L for a 2001 z06 and traded the dealer back 3 days later. the z was fast, but it was not as fun to drive as the truck. it wasn't loud, and i didnt feel like i could take advantage of all of its power while driving around town simply because it is geared so tall (essentially i felt like i was driving a caddy from the cockpit of a fighter jet). that being said, i've always heard that the z is most certainly an upgrade from the termi. i want to see if i get that feeling, or if i feel like the terminator is just a better handling Lightning haha.

"What is in this for me!??" you may ask. I am willing to offer a ride in either vehicle that I own and throw in a heaping dose of "good conversation with a fellow SVT enthusiast in person rather than online" in return!

I live in mendham (right near morristown) and im willing to drive a little to meet anyone that will take me for a ride in their car/possibly let me drive it. Shoot me a PM or reply if you're interested.

- Artie

Last edited:

EBBS_03_Cobra

Never satisfied
Established Member
Not gonna find too many that will let you just drive their Terminator. Not exactly the answer you were looking for, but the truth, none the less. If this was posted while I was home I would most certainly let you at least sit in my car, and if I felt comfortable enough let you drive it in a parking lot. Unfortunately, I just left to go back to AZ for school for another month.

Your best bet is to find one at a dealer, and just see if you like it. A lot of them won't let you just test drive it, so you have to prove you're interested in it (I had to actually talk a number before even seeing the keys). You should fit, though, and I'm sure you'll love it. If you get one, check out PhillyStangs.com, and tell us about it (you can come now with the Lightening, we won't really care; variety is nice). We're always posting local cars, and willing to offer help where ever.

Good luck, though.

T-Bolt

Official 'ring tow rig...
Established Member
Go find a dealer with one and test drive one, dammit. You are obviously interested, and I have yet to find a dealer that has had a problem handing the keys of a performance vehicle over to a kid like me (test drove a Lightning when I was 17 without any trouble, and have since taken out other cars that are quick on test drives with no problem).

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
well, ill let you check out my 99 cobra, which is pretty similar in power and obviously dimensions to an 03.

Users who are viewing this thread