A sad day....=(

Bonefish

FKNGFST
Established Member
Well...it's a bit of a sad day as I waved good bye to my 98 Cobra as she was driven off by her new owner. I will miss her! But...perhaps see her again as I told the new owner, who lives close to Amazon Racing, to join the MACA!

Thanks!

RedfireVenom

11 Second Vert Club
Established Member
I'm sure she's in good hands :) You don't realize how hard it can be to let a car go till you watch someone else driving away in it. I had my 95 GT for eight years, the first car I ever bought and it was a sad day when I sold it. My 03 Cobra has helped me keep my mind off of her though ;)

Bonefish

FKNGFST
Established Member
Yeah...not to mention..I have owned several cars since I was 16...I am now 36...and this was the first car I ever kept for the entire loan..and paid off! And now....she's gone...although you are right Omar..my 04 sure keeps my happy!

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
Cobra330 said:
Well...it's a bit of a sad day as I waved good bye to my 98 Cobra as she was driven off by her new owner. I will miss her! But...perhaps see her again as I told the new owner, who lives close to Amazon Racing, to join the MACA!

Thanks!

Sad to see her go man... But look at it this way... Now you can mod your car all to hell with the extra $$$ :-D :rockon:

So which mods you got planned?? :-D

P.S. This is my attempt to assuage your anguish over the '98 leavin the stable :-D

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Congrats on the sale Mike.....Didn't realize you had a deal in the works. I had my 86 GT for 17 years and 132,000 miles, but was happy to see it go only because.....I NEEDED THE MONEY!!! The other day, I saw the guy that bought it and he asked me if I wanted to buy it back! He said he didn't have time for it!?

RedfireBeast

MACA Member #29
Established Member
Well I guess it's good news you sold her. It's always sad to sell your baby. :( I just sold my 88 LX about 1 year ago that I owned since new. But the cool thing was when the buyer saw it for the first time he had that look in his eyes and I knew he would always take care of it. He called me a couple of months later saying he loves the car and has since added a full cage and juice and it is running low 9's. :uh oh:

Now you can concentrate on your new terminator and that's always a good thing too. At least you didn't sell it for a family truckster....haha :rockon:

Bonefish

FKNGFST
Established Member
Thanks for the thoughts guys! As much as I wish I could take the money and dump it into the Terminator...I will be buying an Explorer for my beater vehicle..no not new...a 98 with 62,000 miles..or at least I think I am. I go to look at it tomorrow night...and hopefully come home with it. That way my 04..can sit in the garage..until next spring when it gets nice a warm. I will be throwing some mods on it during the winter hopefully. Probably CAI, Magnaflow C/B, MM Subframes...I also am thinking about adding one of those screens at the bottom to protect the HE..I believe the guy sambandits sells some nice ones. I have more stuff like springs but, I think the things above will keep me busy for awhile...and a few dollars!

TRBO VNM

I know how you feel...from totaling my 92 to selling my focus svt(yes it was sad, very fun little car), it is sad to see them go. probably because we know we dumped so much damn money into them...damn, I could be debt free by now. oh well, it is fun anyway. Funny thing though, I wasn't sad to see my 03 cobra go when I traded it in for the 04.

Hissssnsvt

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
Congrats on the sale Mike, she was a very nice car but sounds like you have some great plans for your new toy. Good luck picking out your winter beater, the Explorer you mentioned sounds like a good deal.

Yeah Jason, I remember the day you picked up your '04, I could tell the last thing on your mind was that you missed your '03.

Bonefish

FKNGFST
Established Member
It's funny Jason..my girlfriend said the same thing to me. She said Damn! All that money you just put in the car!! I was like oh well..looks like I will be doing that with the 04! Oh and I am also forbidden to get rid of it! I said fine..but, look for an 08..or so Cobra to join the stable down the road!!

Thanks Ken! Yep I go get that Explorer tonight..and start modding the heck out of the 04!!!

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
Cobra330 said:
Yep I go get that Explorer tonight..and start modding the heck out of the 04!!!

If you need help on some quick and easy (and MPG increasing) mods for the Explorer, let me know. I have done extensive research on the '9X year model Explorers because before the Cobra came out (because Saleens simply weren't in my budget) I was going to take my old '95 Explorer, pop a 302 Stroker in it (after boring it out to 347) and then add a Vortech SQ-Trim to it, along with a bunch of other stuff. If anyone's interested, here's a guy who did that exactly (made 482.6RWHP/497.0RWTQ too :eek: ).. I was going to follow his "model":

http://www.speedfreak.cc/troll/

I had the whole thing planned out from engine to wheels. I kinda miss my Explorer... I'll REALLY miss her when the snow comes and I can't go out and do donuts without getting stuck :-D

Last edited:

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
Cobra330 said:
All mods will be on the Cobra only..none on the Explorer..can't afford to do both..although I appreciate the idea.

Thanks!

I was actually only thinking about things to help you out in terms of gas mileage. Examples:

- K&N FIPK (had one on my car increased MPG by like 3+; added a little pep too)
- Flowmaster 40 Series muffler (added a nice sound and some more MPG)
- Superchip (added the ability to go straight down to the lowest possible gear when mashing the pedal, instead of stopping in each gear on the way to the lowest)
- Plugs (I had Bosch Platinum 4+)
- Wires (I went with Bosch again)

All I know is that when I had done these things, I was getting anywhere between 25 and 28 MPG... Not bad for a 4800lb SUV!! :thumbsup:

Just something to think about.. :-D

Bonefish

FKNGFST
Established Member
AmazonRacing said:
Congrats on the sale Mike, Looks like she'll be coming in for a few upgrades soon. I'll take real good care of her.

Rick :beer:

Thanks Rick! And Thanks again to you guys for checking out the car and allowing to use your waiting room as a sales floor! You and Linn went above and beyond..and I really appreciate that!

Yeah Chad was telling me he gave you a laundry list of stuff for the car! Thanks for taking care of her with him too...I can't wait to send the end results!

Users who are viewing this thread