A tease from my dealer

jpetre

Established Member
Just stopped by my dealer today and got the vin and exact build dates from Ford.

SCHED DATE 08/19/02 :rolling:

STAT DATE 06/25/2002 :??:
EXT/INT CLR SN SONIC BLUE/ MH DR CHRCL W/MED PRCHMT

CHROME WHEEL :thumbsup:

Got to sell old car! :cuss:

Why doesn't anyone want to buy a VERY clean 99 with 28,000 for only 20,500?? It puts 300 to the ground! :shrug:

BocaCobra

Established Member
I Know The FEELING!

I have my Sonic Blue on order as well for the 2nd run and my dealer said around October.My salesman called me the other day with a Item # and a Body Code # -- Is that what you got about your 03 or did he have an actual Vin # and if so you think my guy should have my Vin as well? Did he have the build date or did you call SVT?

svt-tmleader

Established Member
Have them cancel the chrome wheel option. They have been indefinitely postponed. Now the second run cars will be given the same option as the first run. A voucher for chromes later for $695 (w/a $240 core charge).

CALL YOUR DEALER TO CHANGE OR BE DELAYED!

black03SVT

Established Member
Originally posted by jpetre
Got to sell old car! :cuss:

Why doesn't anyone want to buy a VERY clean 99 with 28,000 for only 20,500?? It puts 300 to the ground! :shrug:

I know exactly what you are talkin about. I was sooo close to selling my CLEAN 1994 Cobra for $12,400 but the buyer did not get approved for the loan.

My 03 is expected in early august but I need to get rid of my cars!!

by the way, 99 Cobra with 28K for $20.5, sounds like a pretty good deal.

B

blown03cobra

Originally posted by svt-tmleader
Have them cancel the chrome wheel option. They have been indefinitely postponed. Now the second run cars will be given the same option as the first run. A voucher for chromes later for $695 (w/a $240 core charge).

CALL YOUR DEALER TO CHANGE OR BE DELAYED!
I'll second that one.... GET ON THE PHONE MAN!!! :beer:

jpetre

Established Member
Please tell me you guys are kidding? I will just keep the certificate and get the factory ones pay the 240 chore charge and sell the old wheels on ebay for at least 500.00.

Sounds like a good plan to me.

Chrome wheels:bash:

Thanks for the information guys!

OneSVTFan

Established Member
Guys not sure if they were blowing smoke but according to my dealer and his regional sales manager the hold on the chrome wheels is off as of this past Monday. Received my mineral grey last week but had a door ding with damage to the paint, they immediately ordered a dark shadow grey and the chrome wheels were now an option according to the regional manager. We will see, I have no ideal when I will get the car anyway. Not to happy since I had been waiting on the mineral grey since last Feb.

jpetre

Established Member
These chrome wheels are becomming a PITA!
:gt:

BTW = Dealer has a Torch Red convertable available but they want 5,000 over! ASSHOLES! :cuss:

BocaCobra

Established Member
News Flash

Hey Guys, My salesman called me about 45 minutes ago and said he got a letter from SVT saying that the Chrome Rims will not be available for the 2nd run 03s either and so that the order gets pulled and no problems that they should withdrawl the chrome option. Also said SVT does not know when the chrome will be available. No big deal on my part because I like either or. I am gonna just be happy as hell to finally get the car :)~ He also stated to me that production on the 2nd run wont start till the start of August due to the fact they usually take the month of July off. Is this true? Keep up the posts! :)~

C_Record

Established Member
Originally posted by Cobra5798
Yes that is true they take the first two weeks or July off. The second run will be in either Augest or September.

Hmm, some of us are still waiting on our first run cars which are to be built in Aug. They're behind schedule.

jpetre

Established Member
rcogs - Hmm, some of us are still waiting on our first run cars which are to be built in Aug. They're behind schedule.

Maybe your car got hijacked by the dealer???

Maybe??? Ford Dealerships :burn:

I sure hope not!

C_Record

Established Member
If the dealer jacked my car then I'll jack them. Actually, I got a vin and build date(8/5) two weeks ago. I'm no. 4 on their list(they're only received 3 out of 8 so far).

Users who are viewing this thread