a,x,z-plans

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
those are discount plans from Ford Directly.

"A", "D" and "Z" plan give you the same deep discount, below dealer invoice and no shipping charges or prep apply.

"X" plan is 4% higher than "A,D and Z" plans.

they have nothing to do with financing.

Phantom_LS2

bringing the pain!!!
Established Member
ohhh, ok. so, whats the easiest way to get on a plan. just say something like, " I want this Lightning, and I was it on the 'A' plan....or I'm taking my business elsewhere......."

Last edited:

Street Racer

Established Member
I'm pretty sure you either have to work at Ford, or work for a company that does work (for or with) Ford. Orrrrrrr if your directly related to someone that works at Ford. I get the X-plan through my work.:burnout:

hssss03

CobraPC Version 1.0
Established Member
My mother works for Ford Credit and she gets 2 'A' Plans and 8 'X' plans a year. On the 'A' you have to keep the car for at least 6 months before you can sell it (to keep people from turning them over for a profit). The 'A' plan is suppose to be for direct family memebers. The 'X' plan is a friends and family discount. It can go to anybody she wants pretty much.

Phantom_LS2

bringing the pain!!!
Established Member
maybe i'll go and buy the sales manager a beer or something.......then ask for the x plan

hssss03

CobraPC Version 1.0
Established Member
Dealers can also give you 'D' plan. It's the same thing as 'A' plan. So if you're going to ask might as well ask for 'D' plan, might have to buy him two beers though.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
Originally posted by TORCH_RED
ohhh, ok. so, whats the easiest way to get on a plan. just say something like, " I want this Lightning, and I was it on the 'A' plan....or I'm taking my business elsewhere......."

NOPE!!! you need a plan PIN number. "A,Z and D" are reserved for Ford Employees and thier immediate family. "X" plan is for Ford Partner companies, which there are many and often there is open enrollment for "X" plan on a few sites.

Phantom_LS2

bringing the pain!!!
Established Member
Originally posted by FordSVTFan
........."X" plan is for Ford Partner companies, which there are many and often there is open enrollment for "X" plan on a few sites....

thats sweet! care to share those sites?

KevinB120

COOKIES!
Established Member
maybe i'll go and buy the sales manager a beer or something.......then ask for the x plan

ya, come try that here:bored: it'll happen. CRIPES just spend the extra few hundred dollars for cryin out loud. If you have to ask the price..................

KevinB120

COOKIES!
Established Member

id give you directions to the next closest dealer :thumbsup:

KevinB120

COOKIES!
Established Member
I did just sell a lightning for 750 over invoice and an anniversary cobra for 1200 over tho. FYI the mustang, including cobra/mach/gt's are a "stair-step" vehicle this month, where dealers get rewarded for selling a certain amount of vehicles in a given ammont of time. With very few 03's left(the 04 gt's are already arriving), dealers will discount them to make their goal. Just dont wait yourself out of car, if you really want one. We're down to one anniversary coupe left and thats it. 04' ordering window for first run closes september 10th with deliveries expected in mid november. With 2500 rebates and 1500 dollar millitary appreciation rebates on mustangs gts, and the millitary rebate on machs, your a fool to not buy one now if you truly want one. Why people worry about 1000 dollars or so on a 30k+ vehicle is beyond me. Last time you bought electronics from best buy, how much did you negotiate off? They have morons across the street paying 1500 over sticker for toyota minivans with a wait list, go figure:shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread