Aaron Hernandez Commits Suicide

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
Lol... you guys are thinking with your feewings.

We are talking about the act of committing suicide.

Separate yourselves from the person. I am talking about the act. The act of committing suicide is not a coward act. It takes grit to do it.

Choosing to not face what you've done doesn't take grit. Agree to disagree because I'll never be convinced otherwise.

Machdup1

Established Member

Separate yourselves from the person. I am talking about the act. The act of committing suicide is not a coward act. It takes grit to do it.
It takes grit and courage to work through the problems in your life. Some people find it difficult to face those issues and choose another route.

Hernandez ****ed up his incredible life and choose not to face the issues.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Choosing to not face what you've done doesn't take grit. Agree to disagree because I'll never be convinced otherwise.

You are getting caught up thinking with emotions instead of objectively.

We are just talking about the act itself.

A soldier committing suicide before being captured by an enemy is most certainly not a coward.

But by your rationale, since he is chosing to not face his enemy after what he has done in battle, makes him a coward.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
It takes grit and courage to work through the problems in your life. Some people find it difficult to face those issues and choose another route.

Hernandez ****ed up his incredible life and choose not to face the issues.

I totally agree.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
You are getting caught up thinking with emotions instead of objectively.

We are just talking about the act itself.

A soldier committing suicide before being captured by an enemy is most certainly not a coward.

But by your rationale, since he is chosing to not face his enemy after what he has done in battle, makes him a coward.

Emotion has nothing to do with it. I never made the blanket statement that ALL people who commit suicide are cowards. There are rare occurrences where it might be heroic. Hernandez and the Facebook guy? Cowards.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Emotion has nothing to do with it. I never made the blanket statement that ALL people who commit suicide are cowards. There are rare occurrences where it might be heroic. Hernandez and the Facebook guy? Cowards.

Look man. Id burn the guy myself. No ****s given.

But just because the guy was a POS that deserved no mercy, does not mean that all of a sudden committing suicide makes a person a coward.

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
But just because the guy was a POS that deserved no mercy, does not mean that all of a sudden committing suicide makes a person a coward.

Seriously, coward or hero, he was suffering while he was offing himself. Isn't that a good reason to be alive today? Didn't that make starting the day a little easier? I normally don't laugh that early in the morning (only time I remember is when trump won) but I did this a.m.

VerySneaky

Bug Annihilator
Established Member

Grit I think is the wrong word. It is a final decision, yes, but not grit. Grit is defined as "perseverance and passion for long-term goals or achievements." Suicide does not take grit. Audacity may be the correct word, or determination, but not grit. Grit and courage are traits for the honorable.

This is a case of Seppuku, however, whether or not he retains the honors he earned in life through his shameful acts remains to be seen. A soldier killing himself before being taken by an enemy is honorable, and if we were in feudal Japan, hara-kiri would be considered honorable, but it's been something like 4 years since he was locked up, this is not honorable, this is cowardice.

Last edited:

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Grit I think is the wrong word. It is a final decision, yes, but not grit. Grit is defined as "perseverance and passion for long-term goals or achievements." Suicide does not take grit. Audacity may be the correct word, or determination, but not grit. Grit and courage are traits for the honorable.

This is a case of Seppuku, however, whether or not he retains the honors he earned in life through his shameful acts remains to be seen. A soldier killing himself before being taken by an enemy is honorable, and if we were in feudal Japan, hara-kiri would be considered honorable, but it's been something like 4 years since he was locked up, this is not honorable, this is cowardice.

Lets say that "grit" is not the best word to describe what it takes to commit suicide. Then "Coward" is most definitely lightyears away from being an adjective to suicide.

VerySneaky

Bug Annihilator
Established Member
Lets say that "grit" is not the best word to describe what it takes to commit suicide. Then "Coward" is most definitely lightyears away from being an adjective to suicide.
again, you're making statements without providing basis.
Learner's definition of COWARDICE: fear that makes you unable to do what is right or expected : lack of courage
Cowardice is a trait wherein fear and excessive self-concern override doing or saying what is right, good, and of help to others or oneself in a time of need—it is the opposite of courage. As a label, "cowardice" indicates a failure of character in the face of a challenge.
By definition, his act was one of cowardice, and not of courage. He did not do it for others, he did it because he was afraid of sitting in a cell for 50+ years.

Buckwheat 1

I like Blm junk in my butt
Established Member
IMG_4943.jpg

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
again, you're making statements without providing basis.

By definition, his act was one of cowardice, and not of courage. He did not do it for others, he did it because he was afraid of sitting in a cell for 50+ years.

Where did I say he was courageous? Lol

Answer this question for me....

Is the act of suicide an act of courage or an act of cowardice?

Users who are viewing this thread