Aaron Hernandez Commits Suicide

CV355

_
Established Member
I believe that killing yourself is the easy answer and is a bitch move.
People with balls fight on.

I know a lot of people who think this way, and while that may be true from your perspective, I would not expect you to understand how the mind of someone in such pain and anguish operates.

I mean no offense by this. It's just not a state of mind that most people can comprehend unless they've been there and experienced it. Circumstances affect it for sure- motive is a huge factor. Escaping undeserved pain? I understand that. Escaping consequences of a known poor action? Different, but when the soul has sank that low it's sad regardless of what lead there.

And I'm also not making Hernandez out to be guiltless or the victim here. It's just a very dark place to be regardless of how you got there.

Last edited:

VerySneaky

Bug Annihilator
Established Member
Is the act of suicide an act of courage or an act of cowardice?
You said it took grit, which is inherently courageous.
It depends. In this case, cowardice in the sense he does not want to face the punishment for his crimes. It is selfishness, entirely.
You seem to be arguing for the sake of argument without defending a point, therefore I guess I am only feeding a troll. Ta ta.

Kiohtee

Established Member
Is the act of suicide an act of courage or an act of cowardice?

It isn't that cut and dry, regardless of what you think. The circumstances DO matter. Period.

Person A kills self because he's about to be captured behind enemy lines with no chance of survival = not a coward.

Person B kills self because he was sentenced to life for murder = coward

Person C kill self because he think it's the only way to fix his problems (i.e. depression) = not a coward, but not totally selfless either

That's just my take on it. Regardless of the circumstances though, it takes balls to knowingly go through with a life-ending decision.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
You said it took grit, which is inherently courageous.
It depends. In this case, cowardice in the sense he does not want to face the punishment for his crimes. It is selfishness, entirely.
You seem to be arguing for the sake of argument without defending a point, therefore I guess I am only feeding a troll. Ta ta.

Never mentioned "corageous". You invented that. Grit to me = backbone/determination/resolve (which is the context I was using).

It's a simple question which requires a "yes" or "no".

Which one is it? Yes or no?

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
It isn't that cut and dry, regardless of what you think. The circumstances DO matter. Period.

Person A kills self because he's about to be captured behind enemy lines with no chance of survival = not a coward.

Person B kills self because he was sentenced to life for murder = coward

Person C kill self because he think it's the only way to fix his problems (i.e. depression) = not a coward, but not totally selfless either

That's just my take on it. Regardless of the circumstances though, it takes balls to knowingly go through with a life-ending decision.

In one sentence you describe someone that takes his life as a coward and in the next sentence you state that it takes balls to go through with a life ending decision.

Sorry but I dont see how coward = balls.

Kiohtee

Established Member
In one sentence you describe someone that takes his life as a coward and in the next sentence you state that it takes balls to go through with a life ending decision.

Sorry but I dont see how coward = balls.

You're reading WAY too hard into this. I'm sure you understand what everyone is getting at here and you're just trying to be difficult. I'm not arguing semantics with you.

Kill yourself because you landed in prison for murder = no sympathy
Kill yourself because you landed in enemy arms = sympathy
Kill yourself because you thought it was best = I can sympathize

Better?

ur bittn

By the snake
Established Member
Never mentioned "corageous". You invented that. Grit to me = backbone/determination/resolve (which is the context I was using).

It's a simple question which requires a "yes" or "no".

Which one is it? Yes or no?
I think John Wayne would disagree

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
You're reading WAY too hard into this. I'm sure you understand what everyone is getting at here and you're just trying to be difficult. I'm not arguing semantics with you.

Better?

If you can handle a conversation, might as well make your way back to the kitchen.

No one is trying to "be difficult". Im merely making a point, that it takes backbone/resolve to commit the act suicide.

cobralvr01

Established Member
I don't think the reason why he did it is defined enough for everyone to say whether he was a coward or not. Did he actually commit suicide because he was afraid of taking the shit he dished out, or did he do it so his family can mourn and get over the fact he will never be around again? Ask anyone with a family member who's serving a life sentence, knowing they're behind bars is more painful than them offing themselves allowing themto finally move on. And as far as the actual act of going through with it, all of you who say it was cowardly most likely have never been in any kind of situation to where you would consider it. Being someone who's danced on that line, it takes MASSIVE BALLS to actually go through with it, regardless of the reason. When everything's said and done, you still made the choice to go through with something that we have no knowledge of what happens afterward and can't be reversed. Imagine standing on an edge blindfolded, how ballsy do you have to be to go ahead and take that leap without knowing whether it's only 2ft or 200 ft? I'm not justifying his reason to do so, but regardless of what someone has done, don't presume you can judge them for it.

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
If you can handle a conversation, might as well make your way back to the kitchen.

No one is trying to "be difficult". Im merely making a point, that it takes backbone/resolve to commit the act suicide.

Man, although I agree the point you're trying to make you've been very argumentative just for the sake of it lately lol. What the hell is going on with you? You on vacation or something?

BrunotheBoxer

PUREBLOOD MASTERRACE
Established Member
Born and raised Brockton. Living in Naples.

Better?

Kill yourself because you have a terminal disease and are in pain suffering. I can sympathize.

I was wrong to put suicide in a black and white context.
Let me re-phrase, just for you...

But just because the guy was a POS that deserved no mercy, does not mean that committing suicide makes a person a coward.
You do seem to be arguing just for the sake of argument which does come across as trolling.

I admit I was wrong about all suicide being an act of cowardice so good bye.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Man, although I agree the point you're trying to make you've been very argumentative just for the sake of it lately lol. What the hell is going on with you? You on vacation or something?

Glad you agree with my point (this time).

Thats what forums are for. Discussions, exchange of ideas, conversations and even arguments. Its all for the sole purpose of entertainment.

I like to see what people think about different subjects and test their theories. Maybe even learn a little, should the opportunity arise.

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
I feel your judgement on suicide is clouded by your will to live. You're scared of the unknown/pain of the situation. So for you someone willingly ending it "takes balls". But honestly situations dictate how you evaluate and life does not operate in the vacuum of yes or no for this situation (suicide).

I think he lost the will to live and took his life like a bitch.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
there is no ****ing way he did this to keep his family from "suffering". A) he was not that magnanamous b) he was way too self centered to put anyone other than himself first . My money says he was much more worried about his future in prision than he was anything else

I don't think the reason why he did it is defined enough for everyone to say whether he was a coward or not. Did he actually commit suicide because he was afraid of taking the shit he dished out, or did he do it so his family can mourn and get over the fact he will never be around again? Ask anyone with a family member who's serving a life sentence, knowing they're behind bars is more painful than them offing themselves allowing themto finally move on. And as far as the actual act of going through with it, all of you who say it was cowardly most likely have never been in any kind of situation to where you would consider it. Being someone who's danced on that line, it takes MASSIVE BALLS to actually go through with it, regardless of the reason. When everything's said and done, you still made the choice to go through with something that we have no knowledge of what happens afterward and can't be reversed. Imagine standing on an edge blindfolded, how ballsy do you have to be to go ahead and take that leap without knowing whether it's only 2ft or 200 ft? I'm not justifying his reason to do so, but regardless of what someone has done, don't presume you can judge them for it.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
That's exactly why I won't have conversations with you in the future.

I can handle a conversation it's just now I don't like you anymore.
Good luck,
Bruno.

Seriously? Lol.

d15d6c36b5e2b87398df15de51258686d941cd320488218c92e5d4b2aefba5f6.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread